9. mona lisa

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

Even with the soft music playing, along with the bothersome noise from people around us, it still feels like we are the only ones in the room.

"Well you certainly aren't what I pictured." Autumn's statement entices me.

"What did you picture?" I question, a little eager to hear what she wants to say. She runs her eyes over my body before landing on my face again.

Those pools of deep blue.

Her lips stretches into a smile before she utters, "a round short fat old man." I couldn't help but laugh and so did she.

"I think you mean my father but no one is holding you against your assumptions." I raise my hands in mock surrender.

She gives me a lopsided grin. "My assumptions were pretty strong against you and not just based on what you look like but what you agreed to do." Okay this woman is getting harder to understand.

One minute, she holds in her eyes genuine gaiety but the next, the mysterious peer replaces it. She even has an usual smile.

A mystifying and eccentric smile, like a Mona Lisa smile.

"What I agreed to do?" I already know what she's talking about. She nods accordingly.

"Yeah. Despite not having the looks of the man I pictured, you might still have the attributes of what I think." She's no longer smiling and her face has became unreadable.

"Which is?"

She takes another step towards me, leaving just a foot away from touching each other.

"Potentially ruining my life with this marriage nonsense." She whispers, looking directly into my eyes.

It was my turn to drop my smile. What the hell does she mean ruin her life?

Last time I checked, her reputation and career are on the edge of a cliff. And if I'm doing anything, it's saving her with this marriage. Even though we are basically being forced to do it.

But it may not be the worst thing ever.

Before I could speak up, a hand lands on my shoulder. "I see you guys have finally met." I turn my head to Aaron, who has a bright smile on his face.

His long black hair is packed in a neat bun. He has on a simple black long sleeve shirt, which is folded that shows off all his arm tattoos.

He turns to me, "I've been looking for you everywhere but I see why you were so hard to find. You've found your lady." We both face Autumn but she rolls her eyes at his statement.

Being expectant of what I feel when people gave off unnecessary bitchy attitude towards me, which is complete dislike. But that's not the case for Autumn.