10. divorce

The First Date

The First Date

✰✰✰✰✰

My eyes are fixed on the countless humans walking on the street, going about their day. I hear Reece calling for the waiter, as loud honks from cabs could be heard from below us.

"Do you like the restaurant?" Reece booked a top Italian restaurant just for us. The restaurant is on the top floor of a building.

When we got here earlier, I told Reece I didn't want to be indoors. So we came out to the balcony to eat instead. It's mainly because I can watch the growing night, witness the setting sun and look at anything else but Reece's stupid face.

His stupid well-designed, accurately structured face with all the right details.

Black hair that's in a very low buzz cut. Sharp jawline, defined cheekbones, pink little lips that I know are soft, neatly shaved beards, with side beards and very beautiful eyes.

I would be lying to myself if I didn't say his golden amber orbs are not the most extraordinary peer of eyes I've ever seen.

Is this the same guy you said has a stupid face?

A person can have an illegal kind of face and it can still be stupid, so yeah.

I look at his face to find a smile on his lips. "I've been to better." He laughs at my response. Just then, the waiter comes to attend to us.

"Good evening Miss. Good evening Sir. What would you be having today?" I run my eyes over the menu. Reece does the same too.

I order first, then Reece orders too. The waiter makes a curt bow before leaving. Silence befalls on us and the best distraction for me is the busy evening before my eyes.

"I didn't know the people of LA would steal your attention away from me. If I knew, I would have taken you to somewhere more private, so I would be the only one entertaining to your eyes." I bring my eyes to him, a grin hitched at the sides of his lips.

His expression is soft and playful, but the tone in which he spoke with was not so playful.

"What do you want Reece?" My voice is calm and I keep my eyes locked on his.

"To marry you." He leans forward to the table, resting his elbows on the table surface. His grin is still as present as the stupid pimple that doesn't wanna leave my face.

"What do you really want?" My arms are intertwined with each other against my chest.

"You. I want you Autumn." I couldn't help myself but break into laughter. I tried to read his face, but no trace of humor was found.

"Why?" I question and he shrugs.

"Why not?" He responds nonchalantly.

Why not?