32. sleeping damsel

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Why can't I just control myself and not lash onto her like I do every single time?

Why is it so damn hard?

For thirty years, thirty fucking years, I was able to contain and control my anger, no matter who it was that angered me.

But now, a woman— not just any woman —Autumn Snow is setting me in the flames of anger with the simplest action of hers.

After successfully calming myself down minutes after Autumn stormed out, I grab my things and walk out of the gym.

Everything about Autumn antagonizes me, just as much as it turns me on. Her fucking attitude, her stubbornness and how obstinate she is.

I understand the fact that it's not easy to accept being forced to marry a stranger. But she also needs to understand that is the only way she's gonna get her life back.

I'm not gaining anything in marrying her, but she's gonna gain everything when she marries me. And it's not just for her or for us.

Both our families will benefit from this union. It will be the beginning of a new legacy for the Hayes Empire and Snow Dynasty. A force the world didn't see coming.

But the only person that can make it happen is the most annoying person I've ever seen or met in my life. And the worst part of it is that I'm actually really attracted to the feisty side of Autumn more than I would like to admit or accept.

I may be mad for a minute, but when I stare at her, all I can think about is wrapping my fingers around her neck and capturing her fucking pretty and perfect lips, that are practically begging me to take them in a deep kiss.

I walk back into the house, meeting the irking silence. The house is extremely gloomier and feels emptier today, cause everybody besides Autumn and I isn't home.

Axel usually spends some days with my parents and Isadora. And I gave the week off to Taylor and Mrs Amanda. So this house is brewing with energies that are filled with anger, hate and undeniable tensity between Autumn and I.

We don't have breakfast or dinner together anymore. All we do is stare at each other and pass each other by. The only time we find ourselves together in the same space is when we are forced to play "relationship" for the world.

Seeing Autumn smile at me for the first time yesterday when we were doing that charade, almost made me believe that it was beyond acting and she really felt what was really going on between us.