36. slow dancing

✰✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰✰

My phone chimes with a message, giving me the perfect distraction I need from the man sitting besides me and my spiraling mind.

I grab it from inside my purse to see it's a message from my group chat with Gia and Lola.

"If I'm being honest Autumn," I raise my head from looking at my phone to Gisele.

"You are far more nicer and friendlier than what they portrayed you to be on the socials. Like the absurdity of it all with the media's manipulative conduct is just crippled and insane." And there it is.

"Oh God Gisele." Lana shook her head at her.

"You just had to bring up her scandals, really?" Khalili interjects, but Gisele only shrugs.

"It's fine guys, truly." I say.

"To be honest, I expected it. At this point, I literally have outrageous scandals written on my forehead and I'll know you guys are only trying to kiss my ass if it wasn't brought up." They laughed at my statement.

"Well I'm sorry you're going through all that. I've seen what they've been saying about you online. They are terrible and hurtful." Lana tries to comfort me.

"What can I say? I'm surprised I am not down right having an hysteria because of it." I tend to joke with it.

"I'm definitely sure I would." Gisele points out and laughs.

"Majority of those things are not true guys." Reece suddenly says, bringing my eyes to him.

I'm met with the prominent outline of his face, unintentionally getting lost for a moment at how breathtaking his side profile looks.

He's not smiling, nor eating.

"Those scandals against my girlfriend—" the girlfriend name again, "—are fabricated to be used against her. People seemly enjoy making people like her the villain and they will do anything to tarnish her reputation." Reece speaks on my behalf even if he didn't need to.

"But they are nothing but lies."

I didn't know when I was looking at him with a heartfelt smile.

"Oh I believe you." Khalili says.

"I know Kaden Bryce and that nigga is a cunning motherfucker. He will do anything to be in the spotlight." My memories fly back to Kaden, but I don't linger there.

"So I know he was more than capable of throwing you under the bus, just so he would stay on top."

"But I did punch Octavia Castillo though." I let out.

"What?! No way." Gisele gasps and I see Reece laugh from my peripheral vision.

Lana snickers. "Now that's badass." I chuckled.