4. broken vases

✰✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰✰

No amount of broken vases or glasses can ease the anger and frustration I'm feeling right now.

I screamed and shouted, trying to let it all out but it wasn't working. How in the hell is it supposed to work?

How the fuck are you supposed to react when you are told you are getting married to a total stranger whom you've never met in your entire life?

How?!

I pick up my phone, scroll to the contact list to find Lola and Gia's names but for some fucked up reason, none of their lines are going through.

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!

It's already a day since the meeting with my family, but every word still feels so new to me.

Flashback....

"You have to marry his son. Reece Hayes." The words leave the mouth of my Father seriously, his eyes not leaving mine.

I stare at him for some seconds, turn to my brother on my right and my Mother on my left, who both have guilty expressions laying on their faces.

I bring my attention to my Dad again, meeting his now unwavering eyes, before bursting into a fit of laughter.

They all look at me with concern masking their expressions, but I just keep on laughing.

"That's the most craziest unrealistic shit I've ever heard." I say in-between laughs, wiping literal teardrops from my eyes.

"That's a good joke Dad." Surprisingly, I was the only one laughing.

"It's not a joke Autumn." I turn my head to Keith as my laugh dies down. He's expression is a mixture of seriousness and sympathy. Odd.

I snap my head at my Mom, then my Dad. I've done that so much, that my neck is gonna start aching.

"What?" My voice has taken a new turn, same as my expression.

"Are you guys serious?" I question again when they don't respond. I see my Mom bringing her hand up to my shoulders, but I push it away before it could touch me.

"We know that it's not ideal or a great idea, but it's the only option we have now. I hate for us to do this princess, but you have to if you want to save your career, your company and this family from falling into nothing." I look at my Mom, not believing the words coming out of her mouth.