16. take my breath

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

There's no way Autumn can ever get lost in the crowd. She's like a golden egg that shines brighter amongst the normal white eggs.

Well I find it weird that I'm describing her like an egg, but
she just has the tendency of exhibiting perfection in everything she does.

Autumn stands out for a lot of reasons. Like her style, her radiance, her aura, her confidence. But most significantly, she stands out because she is Autumn Snow and she is my wife.

I didn't know it before. I didn't need it before. I didn't need her before. But anytime I'm in a room with her, anytime I see her, I wanna scream 'You are my wife, whether we get married or not. Whether we sign dumb papers or not!'

I have left my sitting position to stand before the railing around the edges of the upstairs. My eyes are solely trained on the woman I am only becoming impatient to talk to.

I wanna go down there so bad.

So what is stopping me?

Her golden blonde hair that's very wavy, rich and shiny, bounces and moves in the direction of her head movements.  She jumps to the beat of the music, dances and yells the words of the songs everytime she knew one.

She looks so happy and free. Like a teenager who snuck out of their parents house in the middle of the night to hang out with her friends and was having a night of total freedom and the time of her life.

The glass of wine I momentarily abandoned meets my lips, as cold liquid flows into my mouth. I feel the cubed ice kiss my top lip.

I would've blamed it on the drink I was having if I had caught her eyes on me two or three times, but I know she's definitely glancing at me from where she is and she's doing it purposely.

The girls would whisper something to her and she would do the same and they would all end up laughing. They would discretely point to random people dancing, say something between each other and laugh again.

"You know you're supposed to be down there with her Reece." Like a snake, Aaron says from my side.

Even if my eyes are on Autumn, I'm still alert to watch if any man will try to make a move on what's mine.

Breathing the same air as her and being in the same space as her is more than what they deserve.

"I know you Reece and I know you play way too cool with things like this." Aaron's voice cuts into my thoughts and distracts my eye surveillance.

"You don't think of this as important but trust me, this thing between you and Autumn is different and it's special." He continues.

"She hates me dude." I think Autumn is the first woman I've encountered in my life that hates me, genuinely.