8. birthday present

The First Encounter

The First Encounter

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

After purposely spending an hour with Axel, even though I know the gala started one hour ago, I finally left her off with Mrs Amanda- my house keeper.

For a billionaire, I'm expected to love the fame and glory that comes with the luxurious word but I don't. It only exhausts me.

Of course, I love and enjoy the power and authority I have to the highest percentage, but when it comes to interacting with people, I dislike it.

Knowing me already, Aaron who is the organiser of the gala, organised a secret passage for me, so I wouldn't have to go through the red carpet like everyone else.

Walking through the hallway of the secret passage with my bodyguards behind me, footsteps approaches me and I'm met with the very familiar coy look on my brother's face.

"Took you long enough birthday boy." Tru engulfs me in a hug, laughing lightly.

We pull apart and I say, "you know I hate these things." His eyebrows draws together with a teasing smirk on his lips.

"I thought you'd be use to it by now." I scoff and he chuckles. We resume our walk to the main hall.

"Nice outfit by the way." I wanted to thank him, but I detect the little tease in his voice, which results in me throwing him a glare.

"Mom made it her personal mission for me to wear this tonight." The suit is formally made, only with sliver embellishment on the suit jacket. I have nothing underneath the jacket, with a longer, bigger white fur coat over it.

"How's everything going?" I can hear the faint classical music playing as we walk further.

"Well for one, Aaron is losing his shit." I can picture the image already.

"Some shit went down with Julian before the gala started but Aaron handled it." I tsked in annoyance.

In one of a few nights of mayhem at one of Aaron's club here in LA, he somehow got mixed up with a bastard gang leader, Julian Ferris.

Aaron is basically my brother, so whenever something happens to him, it affects me too.

"Stop overthinking Reece, it's your birthday for fuck's sake. Give a little vacation to that overloaded brain of yours." Tru snaps me out my thoughts.

My lips crack into a little smile, "sure."

Unimpressively, the distance to get to the main hall is much longer than I thought.