5. nightmare

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

"Daddy!" My face breaks into a smile as Axel runs to me with her little arms spread wide. I laugh and pick her up into my arms.

"My little dove." She giggles cutely as I kiss her forehead, lightly tickling her body as well.

"She's been waiting for you." Taylor says with a smile from besides me, ruffling Axel's hair a little.

"Thank you Taylor." She gives me a curt nod before walking past us to the elevator, which I just came out from and left.

Taylor is Axel's caregiver. She has been with us since Axel was born.

"My baby is growing up so fast." Axel laughs adorably, touching my face with her palm.

"They are itchy Daddy." I laugh at her complaint. I haven't had time to shave off my stubble and Axel clearly has a problem with it.

She always does.

"Oh are they?" She nods her head, pursing her lips. I start making my way to her room with her still scrutinizing my face.

She looks away from my face when we got into her room and I turn on the light.

"I don't wanna sleep now." She fumbles in my arms.

"You have to sweetie. It's already late." She occasionally does this thing where she would refuse to sleep, especially when I travel for a number of days.

It's already some minutes past ten in the evening and she still looks as energized as ever.

"I don't wanna go to bed." She pouts and I laugh.

"But you're already in bed dove." She doesn't let go of me, so I lay besides her on her bed, that's expectingly too small for me.

"Read me a story Daddy." She gives me puppy eyes which are almost unrealistic. Her big amber eyes makes her look way too cute and I don't plan on turning down her request.

"Of course baby. Which one?" Her face lights up. She hurries down from the bed and her little form goes to grab a bedtime story from her small bookrack. I just look at her and laugh at how cute she is.

Axel is my everything.

She is my greatest achievement and the only source of light and joy I've had in my life for the past five years.

I found it way amusing and laughed instead of helping her, as she struggles to climb on top the bed again because of her little legs.

"Daddy help me!" She cries. I bob her nose with my fore finger, before picking her up to lay besides me on the bed again.

I start reading the fairytale book she eagerly suggested, but it doesn't take long for her to fall asleep.

I place a kiss on her forehead, before carefully getting up and walk out of the room.