18. bullets

✰✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰✰

"Are you okay?" Reece brings his hand to hold my arm firmly.

I stare at him like bullets can shoot out of my eyes. "Didn't you just hear me?" I patently remember asking him what is he doing here.

"Yeah I did hear you, I just chose to ignore." He tilts his head, still scrutinizing my face.

I yank my hand out of his hold. "Stop staring at me like that." I snap at him, but he ignores my words once again.

"Why did you look so scared when you hit me?" Could he actually tell I was scared?

"And I visibly felt you frozen on your spot before you lashed out like a dog." I throw him a sharp look despite already looking at him.

"Excuse me?" A dog? Really?

He gives out no response, but instead looks behind me, then back at me with his brows pinched together.

"Where are you going to? Isn't that your apartment?" I wanted to tell him to fuck off, but a sudden realisation fills my head instead.

"How do you know where I live?"

"I followed you immediately you left the club, but damn you drive fast." He says like it's no big deal.

"I left that place because you ruined my night. I left a place of bliss just to get away from you and you follow me to my house?" I can't believe this man.

His expression relaxes and he sighs. "I know and I'm sorry for what I said. For calling you a slut." I wait for him to continue, but he was obviously done.

"You're sorry only for calling me a slut?" He nods.

"You think I'm mad because you called me a slut?!" Reece looked briefly taken aback by my retort. Thankfully I'm the only one staying at the top floor, so no neighbours to complain about me yelling.

"I don't give a fuck about that Reece. You called me your fucking property and threaten me with the blood on your hands shit." He was looking down at me like he was trying to figure out something, before he speaks.

"I'm not sorry about that Autumn. I was an hundred percent serious when I said that and I'm not taking my words back." Strangely, no trace of anger is detected on his face, unlike the last time.

I scoff at him, "You're un-fucking-believable." I push past him, already pissed off. It's like he finds joy in seeing me this way.