Chapter - 2

It feels like I am sitting on a chair that is tipping back

It feels like I am sitting on a chair that is tipping back. It goes down and down but never falls. My body is filled with the dread of falling and the anticipation of it happening is killing me. Everything is so fast yet so slow, it is fucking infuriating and scary neither am I falling nor going back. I am stuck in between, I can feel my left hand shaking wildly. I grab it with my right hand to stop it but nothing is working I can feel my whole body sweating and small tremors wracking my whole body it has to end.

Thoughts are running through my head so fast that I can't even properly comprehend them. I can feel my head throbbing, it fucking have to stop. My body is filled with apprehension and uneasiness. The shaking becoming more and more vigorous, trying to sleep was a bad idea very bad idea as soon I was left alone with my own thoughts this happened. I should have taken my medications, I have to do something to make this stop. This restlessness is killing me fear of unknown filling all the pores of my body.

fuck fuck fuck

I have to concentrate, think about something anything but I am not able to stop my thought process and channelize any notion. Concentrating feels like the most difficult thing to do right now, I can't do anything now I have to go through this.

Just then I hear a voice.

A voice so sweet that it feels her voice is honeyed, so melodious that it feels otherworldly. Without me even realising my heart, my brain and my whole attention is now focused on that voice. I could feel my body relaxing, I take a breath of relief and concentrate more on that voice, it's so beautiful, so etheral unlike anything I have ever heard before.

By now I have closed my eyes, my body giving into that sweet lullaby the exhaustion from all that happened prior now catching up but I want to listen to that sweet voice, hear the song.
I don't even know what she is singing however it feels sad I want to stay awake but that is seeming immpossible and before I know I am drifting into sleep.

.................

Thump thump

I groan hearing the loud thumping against my door. I don't know which fucker is banging his head on my door but whoever it is I am going to kill him. I turn around and search for my phone in the sheets but before I could find it the thumping got louder. Looks like there is more than one person banging his head. Now they are yelling my name too great just great.

Capo (Boss)
Capo (Boss)

Fratello (Brother)
Fratello (Brother)

Oh so these two bastards are the one to ruin my peace. I should have known ofcourse it would be them good for nothing clowns.

I got up to open the door. I grabbed the doorknob to open it but before I could do that I felt the whole door coming off and falling on me along with those dickheads. I fall down with the door and both of them on me
Fucking hell
"What the fuck are you two doing? Get off me."
I yell

They immediately scamble off and pick the fucking door off of me. Great my morning just couldn't go more better

"che cazzo state facendo così presto al mattino sfondando la mia fottuta porta"
(what the fuck are you two doing so early in the morning breaking my fucking door)

I yell in italian as my anger takes over but instead of answering Luca started squealing like a pig while trying to jump on me like he is a little girl and I am his father. He is 21 for god sake.

"che cazzo c'è che non va in te"
(what the fuck is wrong with you )

"I thought you died" he started sobbing loudly

"What?"
I exclaim

"What are you even saying luca? Are you in your right senses?"
I somehow pry myself away from him and he started sobbing even louder.

"Fratello (Brother) here I broke a door for you and you are pushing me away quanto ingrato." (how ungrateful )

I sigh knowing luca is not going to answer anything. I look at angelo for some answers who is standing there with a huge fucking door in in his hands.
When he saw me giving him the looks which says speak or I'll castrate both of you he stared speaking.

"Actually boss I came to office and you were not there so I came your home as there is a important thing I have to discuss with you but luca told me that you have not come out of your room. I came here, I knocked and you weren't answering so I asked luca again. He thought the worst that you are committing suicide or were probably dead since you never sleep so late so we decided to break in to stop you."
His voice got muffled by the end of it after seeing the look of disbelief on my face.

"I can expect luca to do something like that cause he is a litreal dick head but you Angleo. I was sleeping you fuckers."
I scoff at him in annoyance

"But capo (boss) you never sleep so much"

"What time is it?"
I ask him while running a hand through my hair. I am totally done with them.

"11 am"

I never sleep this late, it can't be possible. I think but don't voice out instead start to look for my phone because believing them is not something I capable to do right now. I turn on my phone and it's 11:15 am.
That's when I remember the song.

"Capo (Boss) there is something urgent"
Angleno said firmly his voice holding seriousness.

"What?"
I ask my voice full of annoyance

"There's been a fight between our men and Xavier's men."