Chapter-25

I wander aimlessly in the amusement park

I wander aimlessly in the amusement park. Not knowing where to go. The sky was turning dark by each passing second and the park becoming more and more deserted.

I see a bench in front of me. Being tired I go and sit on the bench. I tilt my head back and rest it against the bench. I close my eyes. There is complete darkness at this moment. In my vision, my mind and my heart.

Now that I come to think of it, I know nothing about lorenzo except the fact that he kidnapped me and is a mafia.

It hits me that I am just a hostage. How could I even think of myself as his love interest? How stupid of me.

And as I face this relatisation my heart shatters.
My eyes getting filled up with all these stupid tears.

It's funny that you can feel the pain of a heartbreak in you chest, stomach, in your whole body. I can feel my heart twisting, the bile rising in my throat, my mouth dry.
It's a replusive feeling.

I can't even expect lorenzo to clear my doubts or demand answers after all I am just another hostage. God knows how many times he have done this before.

But what is worse is how much this is affecting me. How could I be this naive? How could I care so about a man? How could a man's action hurt me this much?

I always thought mumma was a fool to be in so much love, to be blinded so much by that stupid love. I used to hate how she was not able to figure out the bigger picture but now I am stuck like her.

A drop of water hits the palm of my hand. I look up to see the sky all cloudy. And soon the rain starts falling.

I close my eyes and let my tears fall just like the rain.

"Kuhu"
His voice hits me. I open my eyes, my vision a liitle blurry due to my tears and rain. But soon I see lorenzo standing in front of me.

"Sweetheart, what are you doing here and why are you sitting in rain? You will catch cold. Come lets go back."
He grabs my hands and yanks me up making me stand.

"God! you are so cold."
His hand touches my cheek as he says.

"You give me your coat."
He mentions to the guard standing beside him. The guard immediately takes off his coat and gives him.

He takes the coat and wraps it around me.

"I told you to wait for me then why did you come here? Now you are drenched."
He pushes my wet hair back and cups my cheek.

He cares so much, how can he not love me? He must have something for me too. I can't be the other women.

These thoughts run in my head. I want to ask him but I am too sacred of his answer.
That image of him patting the girls back. Her beautiful face, those woman's words all these put an end to my will to question him.