Chapter - 11

It's beautiful, the meadow looked like a hideway to lost heaven

It's beautiful, the meadow looked like a hideway to lost heaven. The blue sky above suffused with clouds, flowers were unfurled along the expanse of the valley while the grass and leaves of the trees ruffled with wind blowing. I was at the top, in a beautiful sundress, barefoot standing at the edge so close if I accidently slip I will die but I was not sacred rather exhilarated.

"Kuhu, sweetheart come here else you will fall".
I hear a voice behind me and turn to see lorenzo standing behind.

I smile and move towards him.

He opens his arm wide apart and I run towards him.I reach near him and wind both my arms arond his torso. He engulfs me in a hug. We stay like that for a moment until I break away from the hug and turn in his arms with my back on his chest. Again my eyes take in the exquisite senery.

I feel lorenzo shift behind me and suddenly he clamps a hand over my mouth. I panic as he tightens his grip on my waist, his hand cutting off my air supply.

"Don't make this more difficult."
I hear him say against my ear as darkness engulfs me.

...............

I jolt awake from my dream. My eyes wide open with a layer of sweat over my body. My breathing ragged while I push the hair out of my face. Realising it was a dream I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down.
But before I can fully calm down I register my surroundings.

I am in an unknown room. The room is huge with a big wodden door. I look around and see the walls painted ivory with minimalistic furniture around. A night stand by the side of bed, an ottoman in the middle of the room and an accented chair with a small round table in front of the french windows which are bathing the room in sunlight.

As I look down at the sheets around me and the attire I am in, I am reminded of the incident at the hospital. I hurridely get off of the bed and go towards the door. I try to open it but realise it's locked. I move towards the windows, they are locked too. All I am able to see is the balcony. As I try to somehow open the windows I hear the door creaking open. I look back and see a man who looks like he is in his fifties barging in with a food trolley. He looks at me and smiles.

"Miss now that you are up you should have some food. You must be famished."
I remain rooted to my spot while he moves towards the table and start laying the food on it.

I see a knife on the food stroller along with other cutlery as he is putting the food. I make my way towards him in pretense of eating food. I sit down on the chair while he moves away to put a plate in front.

Seeing this as an opportunity I immediately grab the knife and point it in his direction.

"Tell me the way out right now."
I try to scare him but he seems unfazed. He puts down the plate and says

"Do you need anything else miss?"

Seeing his nonchalance I grip the knife harder and utter
"I am not joking tell me about the exit or else I may hurt you."

"My life is the least of my priorities miss but I do advise you to keep the knife down or else you may hurt youself and capo will not like that."
He says with a smile of his face. Irritated at his behavior I yell at him.

"I don't give a fuck about your capo's liking. Just tell me the damn exit."
He still doesn't say anything and stands there as fool.

He knows I am not brave enough to go and hurt him. I can tell it by his attitude.
I clench my jaw and look at him. What do I do?
Then it clicks his capo will not like it.

I turn the tip of the knife and put it against my neck. Now this makes him move. He tries to come towards me. I move back.

"Don't fucking come near me. Just tell me the way out or else I will definitely do something your capo doesn't like."
I tell him while moving the tip of knife closer to my neck.

He is alarmed now. He takes out a remote kind of thing from his pocket and presses some button. Immediately we are surrrounded by several men. They are making their way towards me. I move back in the corner of the room.

"Miss I suggest you to leave the knife."

I press the knife harder against my skin. I feel it break my skin as a drop of blood trickle down my throat. He discerns it's futile to talk to me and makes his way out.

I am left there standing confused with a knife to my thorat and a group of men in front of me.
I feel the frustration building inside me and tears well up in my eyes. I press the knife harder against my skin in anger and more of my skin is damaged.

The man comes back and speaks
"Miss please leave the knife. I am ready to do whaterver you want."

"Then tell me the fucking way out."
I yell at him

"I will tell you but drop the knife first, you are still hurting yourself."

"No you take me else I will not leave it."

"See you....
He is interrupted as suddenly everyone backs away and make way. When I look in front I see him coming towards me.

Lorenzo

He looks at me his eyes zoned out on the bloods flowing. He doesnot look happy and it scares me.

He is making his way towards me. I move back. I hate to admit it but I am really sacred of his reaction even though I should be the one angry but he is looking at my wound with such an intensity it feels like I have committed a crime by hurting myself.

Seeing that I am backing away from him. He says

"Stop there dolcezza (sweetheart) and hand over the knife. You will not hurt yourself any more."
He says in a reprimanding tone.

Even though my limbs are shaking. I muster up my courage and say

"No you get away from me else I...

He interrupts

"Kuhu I dare you to lay even a miniscule wound on your skin again. Believe me you will not like the consequences."
He says in a dark tone and moves towards me.

I try to move back but my back hits the wall. He standing in front of me and I can feel my grip on the knife lessening. He grabs my hand and try to take away the knife but I build up some courage and tighten my grip again. He clenches his jaw and with a little force on my wrist pulls the knife away from my neck. I fight against him and try to pull my hand back but with his hand firmly around my wrist I can't even move my hand.

I use my other hand and try to pull the knife away but it's all in vain. In all this pushing pulling I accidentally press the knife hard against his hand resulting in a bruise on his hand.

Blood is flowing from his hand on to mine while I finally let go the knife relaising how deep of a cut I have made. The knife falls on the floor. I take his injured hand and observe the severity of the cut. Just by the amount of blood and size of lesion I know it's a deep cut.

I look up in his eyes which are observing my every action unbothered about his wound. He doesn't even flinch instead he pushes the knife away with his feet while he takes out a handkerchief from his pocket and presses it against my neck.

I look intently at him. His pain seems his least priority. He is focused on my neck. I know he have kidnapped me and it should be fine to hurt him in my self defence but I don't know why a feeling of guilt is tugging my heart.

"Your hand I I didn't, you hand "
My words turning gibberish as the tears I was holding back are now strolling down my cheeks.

He wipes my tears away and say
"We have to get your wound checked."