Chapter -10

I turn around and see luca and angleo barging into the cabin with guns in their hands

I turn around and see luca and angleo barging into the cabin with guns in their hands. Luca stands at the door and look out for any threats while Angleo makes a move towards me. I immediately know that some fucked up thing has happened for them to enter the cabin and break my command in which I clearly told them not to come.

From my peripheral view I see kuhu freezed, her eyes zoned out on the guns. She is clearly in shock. I clench my jaw hard, displeasesd that our conversation got cut and I didn't even had the chance to tell her the purpose of my visit.

I see Angleo by my side, he leans in a bit and says in a low voice.
"There is been an attack on our 2nd artillery basement. I can't leave you here anymore capo, we need to take you to a safe place. We don't know they might have planned an attack on you too."

This is fucking infuriating.
First I am not being able to talk to her and second there is an attack on my artillery basement.

I glance back at kuhu and feel guilty and pity for her as she have to witness all these. And as she looks back I can see her mind wondering how am I so cool in such grave situation?

I turn back towards angleo and say
"I won't be going anywhere without her. If such an attack can happen in such a guarded place then she is not safe alone, not when xavier is after her."

I know he wants to fight with me on taking her home but he is holding back as he first wants to ensure my safety.

To be honest I don't give a fuck about the attack on me. I have faced so many attacks and have been on so many missions that a mere attack on me don't bother me anymore. Whereas angleo is always concerned about my safety to a level where it becomes irritating.
All I am concerned about is kuhu. I can't afford to leave her behind with such attacks happening.

Slight movement bring my focus back on her, she is looking sacred and I know that she has figured that these men are with me. To calm her down I say
"Kuhu come here, don't make this more difficult."
I know these are not the right words to say at the moment, rather I should be assuring her but all want is her at my home under my protection and scrutiny, as I know she can be a potential target too.

But instead of listening to my command she makes her way around the table. I follow her and in an instant I am behind her engulfing her in a hug and taking both her hands in my hand. I can feel her body being tense and to calm her down I tell her.
"I know this is a lot for you sweetheart but please just do as I say."

I can fell her taut muscles relaxing a bit and her body leaning back in my embrace. I take a breath of relief, content that I am able to calm her.

"What is you name?"
I am taken aback by her sudden question. Then it hits me that she doesn't know my name.
After a moment of pause I answer her
"Lorenzo"
"Lorenzo Accardo"