Chapter - 12

Occasionally she would look up at my hand which the doctor was suturing right now and as we make contact she would avert her eyes

Occasionally she would look up at my hand which the doctor was suturing right now and as we make contact she would avert her eyes. This has been going on for the last 2 hours. Honestly she shouldn't be so sorry about my hand, I deserved it. After kidnapping her this is the least she could inflict upon me. If it was someone else, even this much of a cut would have been a big deal for me but when it comes to her every big thing seems little.

"Ouch"
I am broken out of my trance by her yelp. She has her eyes closed while the doctor is fumbling with the bandage.

"faresti meglio a renderlo indolore per lei"
(You better make it painless for her)
I spew at the doctor.

His hands start shaking but he composes himself and decides to do it slowly.

I turn my eyes away from him towards kuhu. She is already looking at me with that look. The look of guilt and regret. I hate that look on her. It doesn't suit her pretty face.

"I deserved it."
I say to her

She doesnt say anything and just looks down on the floor. It irkes me to see her like this. She was beaming few hours ago at the hospital and now looks gloomy. I clench my jaw in annoyance.

"It's done."
The doctor bandaging kuhu says as he moves away from her.
"It's good that cut was not that deep otherwise it would have been fatal."

I just hmmm knowing that he is right. She placed the knife right at her throat.

"Capo your hand is done too."
The doctor suturing my hand says.
"Thankfully no nerves are damaged otherwise the cut was deep enough to damage them and try not to use this hand much."

I just nod as they both pick up their stuff and make the way out.

Now it's only me and kuhu.

I look at kuhu and utter
"I don't care what you do to me, to my house, to anyone but you are not allowed to hurt yourself."

She doesn't respond.

I get up an go near her. I don't want to be rude to her after all that but her safety comes first.
I grab her chin and lift her head gently up
"Am I clear?"

She don't say anything for a moment and then lightly nods. I let go of her chin and move towards the door, deciding it's better to let her have some rest as she must be mentally exhausted.

As I was about to move out of the door, I hear her meek voice.

"Why am I here?"

I halt hearing her question.
why was she here?
I ask myself and get the answer almost at the instant I question myself.
I turn and answer her with solemnity

"Because you are my therapy."

I don't wait for her response and move out of the room.

.............