Chapter-35

"He again woke up and is crying

"He again woke up and is crying."
The maid rushes to my room, a worried look on her face.

"Again?"
I question

She nods hastily. A look of fear evident on her face. I am not surprised at all. As soon as Xavier will come to know that nikaloi was up all night, he will wreck havoc on all the house helps.

I shut my laptop off, get off the bed to make my way to him. The sound of cries intensifies as I am about to reach his room. My mother instincts kick in and I immediately enter the room to comfort him.

He is sitting up in his cot, crying his eyes out. As I enter he looks at me with his big eyes, a striking green similar to his dada. He is a carbon copy of him.

Same hair, Same eyes and same mannerism. He looks at me and reaches out for me, by spreading his arms indicating to take him up in my arms. His eyes now mellow.

I quickly get close to him and pick him up. Taking him in my arms I mutter

"What happened to my baby? Why are you crying my love?"
I talk in a baby voice while pecking his head.

His cries subside and he sniffles while laying his head on my shoulder. I gently pat his back and humm a bit. My voice always soothes him. And just as I thought it did soothe him.
I walk idly in the room with him in my hands. Making sure to lull him to sleep.

I hear the sound of door clicking and turn around to see Xavier entering.
I look at him and put my index finger on my lips while sushing.

He also imitates me and carefully enters the room. Coming close he whispers

"He didn't sleep properly tonight too?"

"You know he is teething and this time babies do get cranky. He is just frustrated."
I reply while lighlty swaying with nikaloi in my arms keeping the rhythm so that he doesn't wake up.

"Yes, you told me. But this has been happening for over a week. Even you are not able to sleep properly due to this."
He says his eyes full of concern for me.

"No, I am fine. You just worry too much."
I dismiss his worries but he shuts me down by saying

"The dark circles under your eyes say otherwise. Kuhu I know you go above and beyond when it comes to nikaloi but take care of your body too."

"I know Xavier but his comfort is more important. I am happy to sacrifice my sleep if he needs me."

"You won't listen to me."
He says while shaking his head in dismay.

We have gone over this conversation many a times. He knows it's a lost battle.
I lightly chuckle and tell him

"Yes, I won't. This is between us mother and son."
I press a kiss to my baby's head and lightly pat his back.

"I get it momma bear but let daddy do his duties too. You took care of him the whole day now let me look after him."
He says forwarding his hands ready to take nikaloi in his arms.