Gorizilla 2.0

Marinette and Jack are inside Marinette's room. Marinette sits in her computer chair, while Jack sits on her couch. "Ok, so far we've been seeing a good amount of progress when it comes to your undying love of Adrien.  First, the movies were a fine start, but ended monstrously.  Second, the mime show was silent, but not long enough, before Mimic struck.  Finally, the pool.  Personally, this was our best "date" yet.  You two were looking happy, having a good time, but most importantly, you didn't flip out.  Three dates, and I'm honestly impressed."  Jack said.  "I mean, you are the one who has been helping me.  Granted, my friends also do a good job with helping me get with Adrien, but sometimes they don't always go so well."  Marinette replied.  "I understand.  Anyway, the dates aren't good enough, even if they are good."  Jack said.  "Why?  I'm having a fun time with Adrien.  I'm starting to not freak out with him.  What else am I doing wrong?"  Marinette asked.  "Oh you're doing great as I said.  There is just one little, tiny problem in our way.  The fact that a supervillain pops up to ruin it, one.  And two, your friends are there."  Jack replied.  "The supervillain part I get, but what's wrong with my friends being there?"  Marinette asked.  "They serve as a distraction.  A way to interrupt the romance I'm helping you achieve.  When it's only you and Adrien, that's cute.  But the second a friend or more jumps in, it almost entirely ruins the experience."  Jack replied.  "Well, you were with us the day Sunken Love attacked."  Marinette said.  "Only because I didn't expect Chloe to tell Luka that fast."  Jack replied.  "Wait, so you knew Chloe had a thing for Luka?  How much did I miss?"  Marinette asked.  "Lots of stuff.  Ok, we are getting distracted.  You want me to prove my point?  Picture this in your head right now.  You and Adrien go to a nice restaurant for a dinner date.  The atmosphere is perfect, the food is top notch, it's a nice place for you two to have fun."  Jack replied.  "Don't see how this is an issue."  Marinette said.  "Except the fact that all your friends are there, watching you.  They choose watching you two date, instead of eating.  First of all, how obsessive can one person be to see a ship happen?  Second of all, it makes the experience less romantic.  However, that's why I am here.  All we need to do is setup a date for you both at a place where no friends, or interruptions can happen.  If all goes well, you two will have what I call, a perfect date.  Depending if you don't mess up, but I think you can channel your emotions."  Jack replied. "Ok. So, any ideas for a date? [phone rings]. Sorry, it's my phone. [looks at phone to see Adrien calling]. Adrien!!!" Marinette said surprised. "Wait, Adrien? [looks at Mari's phone]. Don't just sit there, and fan girl, answer it." Jack replied. With no hesitation, Marinette answers. "Hello?" Marinette asked. "Hey, Marinette. I hope your having a lovely afternoon. Say, I have nothing going on today, and was wondering if you wanted to come hang out with me?" Adrien asked back. "Oh, ummmm, of course. I'll be ok with that." Marinette replied. "Awesome. I was thinking we could go to the Ferris wheel. I've noticed our last few hangouts weren't the best. So I figured why not somewhere a villain wouldn't want to strike. You know what I'm saying?" Adrien asked. "I do. But regardless, I'm down to go to the Ferris wheel with you." Marinette replied. "Awesome. Can't wait to see you." Adrien said, as he hangs up. Marinette cannot believe what just happened. Same with Jack. "Ok, I'm having a feeling he might be into you, but I'm not jumping to conclusions. Anyway, that makes our work done for us. All you have to do now is full of that charm of yours, and boom!!! Perfect date." Jack said. "Adrien asked me out? Adrien asked me out?! Sorry, I just didn't expect him to do that." Marinette replied. "Yeah me neither. But let's not get distracted. You, have a date to attend to." Jack said. "Your right. [gets up]. I'm going to go on a nice date with Adrien." Marinette replied. She leaves her bedroom, leaving Jack all alone inside. "She forgot to send me out." Jack said.

    Adrien gets out of his bedroom to go to see Marinette. "Adrien. [Adrien stops]. Where do you think your going?" Gabriel asked. "Ohh, I was just going to see Marinette. You know, the girl who made that awesome hate for that fashion show." Adrien replied. "Of course I know who Marinette is. However, you didn't ask me for my permission." Gabriel said. "I understand. So I guess you don't want me to go see her?" Adrien asked sad. "Of course not. You can see your friend, Marinette. I just wanted you to tell me first. I'm glad to see you enjoying your not modeling life anymore, but your safety is still my priority." Gabriel replied. "Oh, gotcha. I'll make sure to tell you next time, Dad." Adrien said. "Good. However, I didn't know you were seeing a girl. Don't tell me my little man found love." Gabriel replied. "Please don't be that nosy, Dad. Besides, you have it all wrong. Marinette is only a good friend to me. Nothing more, nothing less." Adrien said. "Whatever you say, son. Just go have fun with Marinette. Your friend." Gabriel replied. "Thanks Dad." Adrien said. He leaves, just when Lila is at the front door. "Hey, Adrien." Lila said. "I'm leaving, Lila." Adrien replied, as he leaves. "Pff, rude." Lila said. Lila enters the mansion to see her boss. "Ahh, Lila. Glad you could make it." Gabriel said. "It's good timing, we need to talk." Lila replied. The two go into Gabe's office to discuss work. "So what seems to be the issue? Are the megakumas not living up to your exceptions?" Gabriel asked. "They are. And as you seen, my latest villains have been very useful. However, that's not my problem. My issue is the fact your son is seeing Marinette." Lila replied. "How is that an issue?" Gabriel asked. "May I remind you the days before I knew you were my hero. Marinette was one of the bad influences I mentioned to you. Bad people, who are terrible for your son to be around. You also must recall how I took them out perfectly. Only to serve as puppets for you to get the miraculous." Lila replied. "That is true. You were a good asset to my team. No wonder I told you my secret." Gabriel said. "Exactly. Now after your son has quit modeling, what do you see now? Him hanging out with a bad person." Lila replied. "If Adrien thinks being with Marinette makes him happy, I'll allow it. I'm a changed man, Lila. All I want is to be a great Father for him." Gabriel said. "But... but." Lila replied. "No buts. The only think I would say to you now is, keep up the good work with the megakumas. And please, bring me the miraculous before it's too late." Gabriel said. "[sighs]. Yes, sir." Lila replied. She leaves, only to bump into Gorilla. "Oh sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." Lila said. Gorilla shakes it off, and leaves. The sight of the massive bodyguard does make Lila get an idea. An idea to save her relationship with Adrien. She smiles sinisterly, before she leaves.