Chapter Twenty Three

In the Castle Black. At sunrise when the war ended, Outside the Night's Watch cleaned up after the battle. Sam and Jon descend the stairs together with Edd, Pyp, and Grenn.

"We held them off" Sam said, there a hint of joy in his voice.

"For one night," Jon said in despair, he knows they will strike again.

"This is a great victory," Pyp said looking at Jon.

"We didn't win, none of us did. A girl who jumps off the wall and who manages to win for us!" Jon's almost yelled.

They still cannot believe what the girl manage to do, they didn't hear what she said but they saw how the wildings fall back after seeing her.

They saw how the mammoth and the giants gave her respect before leaving, they watched her all night but she vanish after the wildings disappear.

"Great victory? Mance was testing our defenses. He almost made it through. And he has more giants, he has more mammoths. He has a thousand times as many men. They'll hit us again tonight. Maybe we can hold them off for a day or two, but we can never beat them." Jon Snow declared while looking at his comrades.

"Maybe... Aera could help us" Edd spoke out.

"We don't know where she's at, we don't even know if she's a human or anything in between," Grenn said. "She's indeed the most beautiful girl I know, but we don't know what she is," Grenn added.

Jon knows they cannot depend on the girl who helps them through the night, he needs to do something. He began to walk.

"Where are you going?" Pyp asked.

"I'm going to find Mance." Jon response.

"To ...you can't do that. No one gave you any orders." The four shouted and Jon turned to them.

"Who's left to give orders? The Wildling army is only an army because of Mance. He united a hundred warring tribes. Without Mance, they lose their leader. They lose their purpose, they go back to fighting each other, scatter back to their home." Jon begins to walk again.

Aera who's on top of the Castle Black wall just staring at them." Well... They're chaotic. " The girl whisper and disappear.

_

Aera manages to say her goodbye to Oberyn and Ellaria as they depart for Dorne, they will start they're own army just for the girl.

Aera then travels to Riverrun where she witnesses the fight between The Hound and Brienne of Tarth.

Everything happens the same way it did, making Aera sigh. She walked towards Arya and the hound who was lying on the ground, defeated.

"I’ll last longer than you," Arya said looking at the Hound.

"You remember where the heart is? Fuck it. I’m ready. Go on, girl. Another name off your list. You kept promising me. I cut down your butcher’s boy, the ginger. He was begging for mercy. Please sir, please don’t kill me, please, please. Bled all over my horse. Saddle stunk of butcher’s boy for weeks. And your sister, your pretty sister. I should’ve taken her. That night the Blackwater burned, I should’ve fucked her bloody. At least I’d have one happy memory! Do I have to beg you? Do it. Do it." The man yelled.

Then Arya stared at him, she took out her purse full of gold coins, the one the Aera gave to her.

She stands up and walks away leaving the man on his spot. That is when Aera approaches the Hound who he was left to die by Arya but the Stark girl knows she will survive.

"Is that your goodbye?" Aera said looking at the bloody man. The hound turned to her.

" Oh... You again! Why don't you finish me off!" The man yelled and Aera rolled her eyes.