Chapter Twenty Eight

"Are you leaving?" Sansa asked the girl, she notices it the moment Aera introduce her to Irri.

Aera turned to Irri, signaling her to leave them alone for a while. Aera darted to Sansa. "I have to, I need to go back to Westeros." Aera response. "I promise you Daenerys would be there for you, she will not let anything happen to you," Aera promised.

Sansa grabs Aera's hand. "Why? Can't you just stay here?"

"Daenerys wanted to take back the Seven kingdoms from the people who took it from us, but our real enemy right now is the Lannister. Mostly, Cersei Lannister. " Aera clarified, Sansa suddenly remember the cruelty of Joffrey and Cersei Lannister to her.

" I've been there, Sansa. You saw the people starve, the children dying of hunger... The people asking for help. I have to help them until the return of Daenerys. " Aera summed up.

" When will she return? " Sansa asked, a part of her wanted to see the Lannister dead and go back to her home.

Aera thinks for a second before speaking." When we got everyone's support when she manage to fulfill her duty here. I swear to you she will be a great Queen." Aera promised.

" Well, better than Cersei. " Sansa retorts making both of the laughs." Promise me, Aera... That you will be back. You will come back for me." Sansa said and Aera nodded while looking straightly at the girl.

" I promise. "
_

Aera arrives at Castle Black where Maester Aemon lay on the bed, dying. Gilly and Samwell are with him, trying to cheer up the old man.

Aera steps forward making the two turn to her. Aera hurriedly goes to the man and holds his hand. "Maester Aemon," Aera whispered. She kneeled beside the bed.

Gilly and Samwell looked at each other surprised at how terrified the girl was seeing the old man dying. "Aera... My beautiful little Aera." Maester Aemon said making the girl sobbing in tears.

"You cannot leave yet, Maester. You just can't. You promise me that you will be there for me and my sister. She can't wait to meet you." Aera sobs holding the man's hand. She just can't let the man go yet, she just can't.

"Ahh... Yes, I've always wanted to meet her. She's a remarkable woman both of you are." Maester Aemon said and Aera nods.

" You promise... Didn't you, you will be there for us. Just let me help you, Great-Uncle. I can't lose you too." Aera cried while holding the man's hand.

Samwell was surprised while Gilly is confused, Samwell didn't understand what Aera meant by Great-Uncle but he didn't ask.

Maester Aemon turned to her and smiles making the girl sob more." Don't leave us, don't leave me... Not yet" Aera whispered to the man. " I still wanted you to see my children... They would love to see you. " Aera said talking about her dragons while Sam and Gilly think otherwise.

" Ah... Them... Yes. I will, I will be there my dear." The Man weakly said and Aera was willing to sacrifice everything for the man to see Daenerys and the dragons.

Aera stand up and kissed the man's forehead before placing her right palm on it. Aera took a deep breath before giving a part of her lifespan to the man. Giving him her years means removing years from her lifespan but she's willing to do it, she doesn't care.

She's giving him years to be alive, to see the world once more. To be with his family for the last time.

She just can't lose the man. While giving part of her lifespan the Old Man fall asleep scaring Gilly and Samwell, but Aera check his pulse seeing that the man is stable now.