49

After that, the number of people increased one after another, and when the recruitment finally began, the scene was crowded, and only the head could be seen, not the feet.

Surrounded by a bunch of men, the smell was unbearable, and Xu Shichang was almost smoked to death.

Then the soldiers began to maintain order, and everyone was divided into five rows and lined up, and whoever dared to mess around was immediately rushed home.

After that, it's time to sign up, and the soldiers will ask the people who come to sign up one by one about their home address, how many people are in the family, what composition, check the household registration, check the physical condition, and so on.

This is only the first level, if selected, there will be someone to investigate the situation of this person, because it is very dangerous to go to the army to serve as a soldier to protect the family and defend the country, so it is necessary to investigate all the ancestors of the recruits, and must not let the spies get involved.

Xu Shichang was mixed in the crowd, and he had been slowly counting how many were still missing.

"Fifty-seven... Eighteen...... Two..."

When there was only one person left in front of him, Xu Shichang gasped and walked over.

"What's your name?"

"Xu Shichang."

"Get your account out."

Xu Shichang handed over the household registration book as he said, and after checking that it was correct, the inspector waved his hand to Xu Shichang, and he went to check his body.

Nowadays, there are no medical equipment, so the physical examination is very rough, just run 3,000 meters, and do 50 push-ups.

It's quite simple to say, but in fact, this requirement alone can stop 98% of the people.

It only takes more than 10 minutes to run 3,000 meters, but for people who rarely run, these more than 10 minutes can run them down.

Not to mention that you have to do fifty push-ups in a row, and you can usually do your best with a maximum of thirty push-ups, let alone fifty.

However, this requirement is survivable for ordinary people, but in the army, even recruits can easily run thousands of meters and do dozens of push-ups.

Therefore, if you can't even do this, then why should the army recruit you?

The soldiers look at the scenery, but they shoulder the responsibility of protecting their homes and defending the country, so they naturally have to suffer from training that ordinary people can't bear.

However, the requirements of the army are very difficult for others, but Xu Shichang feels very relaxed.

He is a person who has been in the mountains and forests for many years, in order to avoid fierce beasts, Xu Shichang often runs faster than rabbits, and the most powerful one is to run for an hour without stopping, three thousand meters, which is really trivial to him.

And during this time, he has been consciously training himself, and his physical strength has increased for a long time.

So, in a group of tired dog-like people, Xu Shichang was the most leisurely one, and when he finished fifty push-ups cleanly, he didn't breathe much.

He was naturally discovered by the commander of the recruitment, and the soldiers who recorded at that time looked at Xu Shichang, laughed and asked, "Good boy, what's your name?" What did you do before?

Xu Shichang performed a standard military salute, "Report, my name is

Xu Shichang, and my family is a farmer, but I have been collecting medicine in Daxingling since I was eight years old."