2. Stay With Me

Mr. Ambrose sat straight in the cheap chair of his office as if a rod was stuck up his spine, working away the new projects that were to be dealt with. Yet he couldn't keep his eyes from flickering toward his watch every other second, which in no way hindered the speed of his work. As his gaze landed on the needle striking 12, he expected his secretary to enter through the door, but the door remained intact unlike the little pinch of emotion that a normal person may call disappointment. But Mr. Ambrose was no normal person, he was the richest man in the entire English empire who had perfected the art of being a statute and making money!

The day passed and so did the possibility of Mr. Linton turning up to work. Mr Ambrose may be working but his mind was somewhere else. Usually she would be late by some seconds and be making up excuses but it was almost 5 hours now and still no sign of her! It didn't worry him, of course. Nothing concerning her could worry him. Yet a part of him was distracted, so much so that it started to affect his work. The same part of his brain thought of the endless possibilities of her absence.

Maybe her aunt had held her back for a ball.Maybe she had found a suitor, or worse, was spending time with him strolling in the park. Or she could have been tired of your incessantly demanding self and left for good.

The scenarios playing in his mind gave him enough picture for his little finger to twitch at a record pace. He didn't want to waste time thinking about that so by the end of the day he send his beast of a man, Karim to look over her. He couldn't for the sake of a million pound check keep her out of his mind.

No matter how much she annoyed him, no matter the amount of time she wasted by her unnecessary discourse, or how stubborn and persistent she was; he had come to liking her as she was.

Not to forget how alluring and beautiful she is. Her smile, her eyes, her derrière, oh how lascivious she makes you.

He immediately stopped thinking about the other parts of her. Now was not the time.

Oh really? How about the time you were entangled in Egypt. Her soft body pressed against yours. Her plump lips moulding with yours. Her short breaths when you came near her. Her moans when you kissed her. Oh, the sweet taste of her lips. The way your tongue battled for...

STOP. He was having a hard time shutting up his mind or rather her images in his mind. He tried to calm his raging blood by closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

The door of his office opened to reveal a very huge man, Mr Ambrose's right hand man. He stood up.

"Sahib, I went to look over her, just as you ordered." Mr Ambrose nodded, a clear enough sign to continue. "I hid outside the house and saw her family go to the ball but..." Mr Ambrose gave him a sharp look for pausing in between that was enough to scare any person away. "She wasn't there. She didn't go to the ball with the rest of them."

He regarded his words for a second, then : "Was the youngest sister there?'

"Yes Sahib, everyone but her."

Mr Ambrose dismissed him and his mind, without any command, started reasoning her not going to the ball.

She never really liked going to the ball in the first place but then, her aunt would always drag her to every ball possible and left her no space to argue. So pray why, did she let her stay this once, when all of the others were out at the ball?

Maybe there's a man charming her and certainly her aunt won't steal her from any suitor.

The thought alone sent a burning sensation through his chest. He didn't know what it was, and whether there was an actual man, with her, alone. All alone while the others were gone. The possibilities running through his mind spread the sensation like a forest wild fire. His twitching finger and locked jawline was a proof enough of the feeling he was experiencing.