44. Mr Ambrose POV

Hi guys, I'm been MIA for sometime and I'm sorry. But heyyy this is an Ambrose POV for chapter 45 of Silence Breaking called Silence Broken, Words Spoken.

I wrote this looong back when this chapter was up on Radish but couldn't post here. But hey here you go.

----------------------

As the words uttered from my lips, asking her hand for the last dance, a slight pang of anxiety gripped. A similar image flashed in my mind, just hours ago where I had been graciously rejected without any said reason that seemed valid to me.

But all I was granted was silence as she stared at me with incredulity and then...was there defiance in her eyes?

Well, if she says no, I swear I'm going to carry her all the way, and I do not care how many people are in the eye.

I was getting restless by the hour.

‘An answer, Miss Linton?’

She looked at me some more. And then opened her mouth. ‘Now?’ Her voice was a half growl, half whisper, as if a call of a tigress, ready to leap and defy. ‘You've had the whole evening to ask me to dance, and you choose to do it now?’

‘Yes.’

I didn't get what was her point in this. I was asking her, wasn't I?

‘Yes? Yes? That's all you've got to say for yourself?’

Why was she stalling it further and asking so many questions?

She's going to say no again, you know it. She's going to say no again. She's goin-

I needed this persistently annoying voice to shut up!

‘Yes.’ I said as I answered her question.

She's going to say no again, just wait, jus-

Well damn! I couldn't get on with the voice in my head so the next I did was stopped waiting. Without any other word or even a ‘no’ getting out of her mouth, I captured her arm with my own and led her off to the dance floor.

‘Hey!’ She protested. ‘I haven't said yes, yet!’

Before the annoying voice could mess with my head again, I gave her a look which clearly wasn't all affiliated with the dance only. ‘I know.’

Yes I was angry. And I was truly annoyed with her for rejecting my offer blatantly (which also led to numerous doubts in my head) But I couldn't let my rational anger get in the way for a chance to dance with her, can I?

‘The last dance, My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen!’ The liveried servant in front of the musicians clapped his hands and stepped into the shadows.

I held out my hand to her and good lord…the way she looked. Standing a little afar from her did I realize that she looked stunning. Simply outshining every other girl in the room.

She threaded her soft hands into mine and I wanted to cherish the feel of it as I whirled her around and dipped her back, catching her just in time before she fell. I had danced with many ladies, for the sake of many objectives — deals, money, power — and society deemed them to be beautiful. But none of them even came close to the feeling when I danced with the woman in my arms, the woman I love.

‘Shall we?’ I said as I looked into her chocolate brown eyes.

I couldn't help myself with my words as I stared at her. I just couldn't. ‘I feel like I am making an objectively true statement’ I whispered to her. ‘when I say that you look beautiful.’ My eyes, on their own accord, slid down shamelessly down her body, and my heart made a leap at the her dress, specifically the colour of it. ‘Especially in that dress.’