49. Ambrose POV

Here you have the second part of Ambrose POV chapter 47. I hope you like it.

________________________________

The sunlight beamed through the torn curtains, shining on the most invaluable treasure of my life. The treasure which I had desired the most in my entire existence, was peacefully sleeping with her haphazard hair occupying her forehead - the thing I didn’t mind as long as I was the one in charge of that disorder.

With her eyes and mouth closed, she looked all the more beautiful and when I glanced towards her figure covered in bedsheet, the one which she was sharing with me, the memories of last night emerge into my mind. The night when she dismantled the covering of Ifrit - and I, of my coldself, just for once - and submitted to me without any chaos, the night when she begged earnestly for me, when she called out my name all over again. Since ten years of my life, last night was the first time when I experienced the emotion of satisfaction and dare I say, happiness. Yet, I didn't sleep the whole night even after our employed occupation because she - the person responsible to incite the emotion which I was devoid for years, treasured in most part of my heart and mind - was my precious treasure and, the whole night I felt the need to protect her.

Suddenly, I noticed her, blinking her eyes and looking around in oblivion as if she didn’t remember where she was. She tried to wriggle out of my hold, urging my instincts to act upon to protect her from going away - the thing which they had mastered the whole night.

She tried to jerk up, but my strong hands and intelligent mind had different plans. They had determined to hinder her escapes.

Since childhood, everything I loved was taken away from me - my money, my home, my family and my trust. All I had in my teen years was myself, I ventured all through the dangerous path, shielding myself with my cold nature and scaring every human who dared to cross the border. But there came certain Ifrit, who climbed my walls, melted my icy self and turned my life upside down. And, now that she loved and I loved her, that she had me and I had her, there wasn't a mere designing in my brain to let her away from me, even in the slightest way.

‘Hey! I'm not a big jewel or a bag of money! You can let go!’

I gave a sleepy grunt of protest and tightened my grip around her.

She was worth more than that. If only she knew…

Pushing at my robust arms, she tried to slip out of them - but only for it to be tightened further.
She did everything in her aspect to get out of my grasp but the years of hardship of mine proved otherwise. Wheezing, she used her free hand to prod my shoulder.

‘Hey! Wake up! You're strangling me.’

‘I am awake,’ I told her, making her jerk.

‘Good God! Then why are you squeezing me half to death?’

‘Because.’

‘That's not an answer! Why won't you let go?’

I perceived the shiver running down her spine, when, pressing close from behind, I pressed my lips against her neck.

‘Because this is where you belong. With me. Bound forever.’

I noticed her ears transforming into the tint of crimson. The notion of this alone made me feel the things which I hadn't experienced in my substantiality. It's effect was so strong that my own lips curved up into a smile - the very intention of my action was exercised because she couldn't see me do that. The more she turned red, the more my lips curved up. Up until now, I had never thought that there was more interesting thing than making money. Of course, making money was still interesting as it always had been but these interesting things were quite a competitor for my avocations.