17. Alternative Beginning #2

I'm thinking of starting to dedicate chapters for people who constantly vote and comment. Since you can't dedicate chapters here, I'll just write @ and dedicate. :))

Anniee-12 sent me such a sweet message. Thanks love.

And everyone thanks a lot to you too for being there. Anyways, here you go. :)

------------------

I was told that Mr Rikkard Ambrose was always cooped up inside his Empire House. I instantly saw the building that belonged to him. It was hard to miss such a sight. It was tall, perhaps the tallest building in the entire England and I had no doubt it was equally beautiful. As I was outside the building, a fact angered me.

I saw only men here. No sight of a female in distance. Except me, of course. That earned me a sour look from most of the passerby.

Ha! Like I care.

I was about to enter Empire House, to initiate business with Mr Rikkard Ambrose when my ears caught something and I stopped in my tracks.

'...please forgive me, Mr Ambrose. It was not my intention to-'

'I have no care about your intentions. It is what you did.' A perfectly cold voice spoke.

'But I-'

'If you keep talking and wasting my time, your pending wages would be deducted.'

I think I heard a cry and the sound of feet walking away, running actually. Then I heard perfectly calculated footsteps, resembling clockwork, with perfect symphony. I, for some reason, assessed that the calculated footsteps belong to Mr Ambrose.

Wait, is he the Rikkard Ambrose?

The one I wanted to talk to?

Well, well if it isn't a coincidence.

I turned around and looked toward the source of the footsteps I heard. I held back a gasp as I saw the tall, dark man coming in my direction.

For a man he looked... quite acceptable.

The first thing noticeable about him was his hard, chiseled face having a striking resemblance to an ancient Greek statue. Well, apart from the fact that Greek statues were more likely to smile than this granite face. He looked nothing but hard. His expression, his face, his body. He appeared to have as much as emotions in him as a tortoise had running capability. And judging by the way he dismissed the man earlier, he was as cold as an north pole. I observed as he came closer, that he wore no beard. His face was meticulously clean shaven, making it appear even more angular and stark. And then, I saw his eyes and I forgot about his entire appearance. They were a rare mixture of blue, green and grey. I had never seen such pair in my life. They were like the ocean on a serene night. Something I could drown myself in and never want to come back.

Seriously that's only acceptable?

Well...

I saw that he had come quite close now so it was my chance to stop thinking about how looked and start with why I came to him in the first place.

As he was about to pass me, I stood in front of him, like a barrier, restricting his passage.

He gave me cold glare enough to freeze me over. But I was a fireball. I smiled at him.

'Is this Mr Ambrose?'

Silence.

He continued to glare at me and tried to go through the left but I stepped there.