14. In My Head

Do you remember the 'nights' Lilly and Ambrose spent together in Egypt when she was cold (or otherwise) in 'In The Eye Of Storm'?

Ever wondered what went inside Mr. Ambrose's head at that time? No? Well, why am I here for then? ;)

Here, I present you MR AMBROSE POV for a self made chapter. Hope you enjoy. :)

----------------------------------

I gazed at the peacefully sleeping figure beside me. Her hair sprawled carelessly on one side, her eyes closed and the side of her lips curved slightly. I saw the covers tightly clutched over her body, moulding them in her shape. At this point, she didn't look like a fiery demon sent from hell itself, she looked like an angel. She was my angel.

I tightened my arms around her and drew her close as I came to terms with the fact. I rested my chin on her head and buried my face in her hair as I inhaled her sweet scent. She looked so small in my arms with her entire body being encased in mine.

Isn't this such a waste of time, laying idly without any work being accomplished? Do you know how much money could be made in this time?

For unfathomable reasons, being with her outweighed the money I would make in this time. My mind would always put her first and this was vexatious in some situations. Whenever I would go to sleep I couldn't help but think of her, of how it would be to have her in my arms, to make her mine, kiss her everytime, of not having any restraints that were tying me up.

She brought some unrecognizable emotions within me. Maybe I couldn't recognize them because I have never felt them in my life. But before her, my life was a pattern, a hollow void where I had a goal to achieve and in the race to fulfill that goal, I had become nothing but a machine. I felt nothing. No emotions whatsoever. No little wishes that a common person possesses.

But now, I had so many feelings coursing through me. I felt so many things for her. First is still unfathomable to me. But I felt protective over her. I want to save her from all the things coming in her way though she insists otherwise. The mere thought of imagining my life without her sends a seething pain down my body. I told myself that I would never let anything be my weakness. But it seems that I have come to a point where it is impossible to live without her.

I thought of how I tried getting rid of her in the past, when I still discovering her. I wanted to laugh at my old self if I had the semblance of that emotion. What would I have done if she'd left me?

But she didn't.

Yes she never did. She had always been there beside me. No matter how much I tried to belittle her or how wretched ways I tried, she never left me. I would had survived for sure, as I always had, without her. But the things she make me feel, the electrifying sensation, the twisting of my heart, I never thought I was capable of those. She made me feel alive. Back in the day, Pearl and Jabari used to engage in intimate activities and I used to shrink away, disgusted by them.

Now look at you, can't keep your hands off her.

As much as I wanted to deny the statement that the voice echoed, I knew it was true. She tightly bound in my arms, sleeping peacefully was a proof enough.

I couldn't leave her. And there wasn't a logical explanation for this. She felt precious, something like a prized possession that I never had and I never knew I wanted until now. And it perplexed me because she was not a crate of diamonds, nor gold or silver but a human! A human in flesh and blood and she already felt more important than my entire fortune.

Why?

Why did I risk my life for her in that ship? Why the hell did it bring me a blast of emotions when she was my fake wife? Why did I, the uncrowned King of Misers of England and Ireland, not ask back for the fake wedding ring that I gave her? Why does it make me want to tear this world apart when I see her with another man? Why do I always keep thinking of her? Why does she never leave my mind? Why am I suddenly so vulnerable when I'm with her? Why do I feel my heart twisting everytime she smiles at me?