Chapter 50-

Epilogue:

*18 months later *

"Hey! Derek! We need a bit of help." Scott shouts from the other side of the cattle yards. Him and Boyd are trying shuffle three heifers back through the gate they just jumped out of and aren't having much luck in moving the stubborn cows.

"I leave you alone with the cattle for five seconds." Derek mutters rolling his eyes with a grin as he climbs the fence to join them. He rubs his knee for a few seconds trying to dull the ache that spiked from the jump, shaking off Scott's look of concern. It's a miracle that he can even walk without a crutch or walking stick after what happened. So getting the occasional pain in his knee is a small price to pay. He doesn't mind, he's just grateful he can walk even if it's with a rather noticeable limp, at least he can walk and do everything he could before.

"Open that gate and we'll push them through it. That will lead to the other pen which is where they are meant to be anyway." Derek orders pointing to the gate and pen as him and Scott begin moving the three heifers as Boyd opens the gate.

"You come in handy sometimes, Hale." Boyd replies as he latches the gate to the pen. In the mean time Stiles, Parrish and Ace finish herding the rest of the cattle through the other gate ready to be loaded on Isaac's semi.

"At least I'm useful for something." Derek replies with a shrug as they walk towards Isaac's truck.

"You're also good eye candy!" Stiles comments jumping down from the loading ramp landing next to Derek who raises his eyebrows. "Relax, you know I'm joking. You're probably the most useful guy on the farm since our other farmhands are morons. But also you're good eye candy." Stiles adds grabbing the side of Derek's neck pulling him in for a kiss as Ace barks jumping up at the two of them.

"Even the dog agrees! Get a room." Scott complains with a laugh as they reach the truck.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with McCall on that." Isaac responds climbing down from the drivers side of the semi.

"You guys are just jealous." Stiles responds kissing Derek again who doesn't complain. He cups Stiles' cheeks kissing him passionately, ignoring the gagging sounds coming from the farmhands.

"You are the same when you're around Allison and I have no doubt I'm the same around Erica. Leave the love birds alone, they are literally relationship goals, you should be taking notes." Boyd finally says causing Derek and Stiles to smile brightly.

"Thank you." Derek replies grasping Boyd's shoulder who nods with a smile as they begin loading the cattle into the semi-truck.

"What time is your party, Stiles?" Isaac suddenly asks as he closes the back door of the truck when the last heifer walks in.

"At four, down by the lake and bring your own alcohol. I ain't paying for everyone's drinks." Stiles replies and Isaac nods.

"Speaking of that we should probably go help your Dad set up all the chairs and lights." Scott says and Stiles nods.

"I'm gonna go take a shower first so I don't smell like cow shit. Wanna join me Der?" Stiles asks glancing over at Derek who was shaking his head with a smile.

"There's a shotgun in the back of every vehicle on the farm. If I ever say no to that question, I want you to use one of them on me." Derek replies grabbing Stiles' hand as they begin walking towards the farm house.

"Seriously guys?! You're so gross." Scott shouts as Stiles flips him off behind his back with a grin.

-