31 6 1

fiona

tristan walks into the room and sits on the periwinkle couch across from her. his left hand is sealed with the promise of a wedding band, an awkward and uncomfortable smile on his face. "i got married."

"so?" fiona spits, fists clenching at her sides. "what do you want from me? why are you here?"

"was there ever a time where you wished that i was? here, with you?"

his big eyes are hopeful, and she doesn't understand why. why the fuck is he here and asking if she wanted him? when he's married and 'happy?' what she wants is for him to leave.

"no," she says with an attempt to rid herself of the upcoming urge to punch him in the throat. "i haven't wanted to see you. i haven't wished you were here with me. i haven't wished to see you at all since you left me in the middle of a restaurant after telling me about your little love affair."

"it was three years ago, fi!" he bursts, as if he's the one that has a right to be upset. "can't you let it go? i didn't mean to break you, okay?"

she opts to sit on her hands. "no, i can't let it go, and no, you didn't break me, and no, i know that you meant to attempt to break me. that was your goal, wasn't it? to emotionally devastate me? but you didn't break me. you broke my trust and my desire to date again for a while, but you didn't break me. i'm so much stronger than the weak little girl your perceive me to be."

"that isn't what i think."

"yes, it is."

"i'm sorry."

"okay."

"so what, you're not going to say anything else?" tristan asks, not hiding the irritating scowl on his face. "i apologized."

"that doesn't mean i have to forgive you for what you did," fiona stands and allows her fists to loosen. "there are some things i can never forgive."

"i'm sorry!" he bursts again, gripping onto her forearm. "about everything, okay? i can't go back and change what i did, but—"

fiona yanks herself free, no room let inside of her for hate. she has forgiven him, and they both know it. she forgave him the second she saw him again in the coffee shop. he just wants to hear her say it so he can sleep better at night. "if you touch me ever again, i will kick your fucking ass."

and then she steps away from him and heads back to her room, feet bouncing lightly off the tiled floors.