58

Sam's POV

"What are we doing?" Kat asked as I pulled out of the driveway, "you'll see." I said and made my way to the restaurant that they went to. "Sam, you heard what Colby said we can't do something stupid." She said nervously as I turned a corner, "we aren't doing anything stupid, in fact what we are doing is really smart." I said and grabbed her hand. "Okay, but you might need to hold me back from punching her." She said and balled up her other fist, "I don't even know for sure that she will be here." I said and pulled into the parking lot, "what are you planning Samuel?" She asked and I shook my head parking the car, "just go along with it." I said and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

When we walked I went straight to the hostess stand, "hey can I speak to the manager?" I asked and the girl working the stand nodded and walked away, "you're gonna be a Karen?" She said and snorted, "no I'm not gonna be a Karen." I said with a laugh as the girl came back with an older woman, "hey how can I help you?" She asked and smiled sweetly at me, "hi, my girlfriend and her friends came here earlier this morning and one of your waitresses, who happens to be my best friends ex girlfriend, harassed one of our friends. We think she may have put something in her food to give her food poisoning since that friend is engaged to marry my best friend which is her ex boyfriend. Does that even make sense?" I asked and she looked at me, "I think I understand...which waitress was this?" She asked and grabbed a pen,

"Her name is Jen." I said and she nodded, "okay sweetheart, what time were you guys in here?" She asked Kat, "around 11 today." She responded. "Okay I'm gonna go check the security cameras to see if I can catch her in the act doing anything, because it's a very serious accusation." I nodded, "thank you." I said as she walked away.

"Oh what the fuck?" Jen's voice said from next to us, "Colby really sent you guys to come after me?" She asked as I stepped between her and Katrina. "No, he didn't send us, we came ourselves because we are sick of your shit." I spat out at her. "I didn't do anything." She said and crossed her arms, "you gave Cora food poisoning! We know you did!" Kat said and stepped closer causing me to hold my arm out in front of her. "I didn't do shit." She hissed and looked around, "just admit it. You're psychotic." I said and clenched my jaw, "I'm not the one who stormed into someone's work accusing them of giving someon-" she said but was cut off by her manager, "Jen. You wanna explain what you did? Or should I?" Her manager said and crossed her arms.

Jen looked nervous, "I-I didn't do anything!" She said as Kat and I turned to look at her manager, "so you didn't pour raw chicken juice all over that poor girls salad?" She asked and crossed her arms, "how did you? What the fuck!" She screeched and looked at Kat and I with hate in her eyes.

"Give me your apron. You're terminated, effective immediately." She said and held her hand out, "are you KIDDING me?!" She yelled and stomped her foot like a child, "do I look like I'm kidding?" She asked and bobbed her hand out again. "This is against the law Jen. These two and that poor girl you made sick could sue you and this restaurant if they wanted to!" She yelled and snatched the apron out of her hands, "don't worry we won't be taking any legal action against this establishment." I said but kept my eyes locked on Jen's.

"That's appreciated, let me actually get you some gift cards so that you guys can come back and we can make it up to you, wait here." She said and walked off after glaring at Jen again.

"Are you guys trying to fuck up my life?!" Jen yelled at us and I nodded, "you're a monster for doing that to Cora! You DESERVE to get your life fucked up." Kat yelled as I glared at her, "Fuck you!" She yelled and lunged at Katrina, but I stopped her, "DON'T TOUCH HER." I yelled causing everyone who was watching to gasp.

I didn't care that we were starting a scene, she needed to be put in her place. "Don't fuck with my family ever again. Do you hear me?" I said lowly taking a step towards her. "Or what?" She said raising her brows, "you won't hit me Sam, I know you're too nice for that." She said snarkily as I smirked, "you're right. But we are definitely gonna sue the fuck out of you." I said with a smile then turned to the manager who was handing Kat some gift cards, "is there any way to hold on to that security footage, we are going to need it." I asked the manager and she nodded, "you got it. Thanks again for being understanding about all of this." She said and smiled, "it's not a problem, thank you for the gift cards." I said and she walked away.

"You won't sue me." Jen said and smirked at me, "watch us." I said then turned away from her. "Oh and Jen?" I asked and grabbed a coke off of the tray of a waiter who was passing by, "what." She said with a monotone voice, "fuck you." I said then threw the drink in her face before grabbing Kat's hand and leaving.

"Sam!" Kat laughed out as I ran to the car with her, "what? That was for Cora." I said and started the car as she cackled. "I love you!" She said and kissed my cheek as I started to drive home.

When we got home I yelled for Colby, "up here!" He yelled from his bedroom. I walked up the stairs with Kat and walked into the room.

He was sitting on the bed with Cora in front of him in between his legs as he rubbed her back. She looked so sick as she looked up at us weakly, "hey kiddo, how you holding up?" I asked and she brought her hand up to give us a shaky thumbs up.

"So we took care of it...sort of. I think we might need to get Cora some medical attention....Jen poured raw chicken juice on her salad." I said and Cora's eyes widened before she leaned over and threw up in the trash can next to the bed, "it's okay baby girl..." Colby mumbled and rubbed her back. "Are you fucking kidding me?" Colby asked with anger laced in his voice, "no, but there's proof so we are going to sue her...only if you want to Cora." I said as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. "Sue that bitch." She said quietly, bringing a smile to my face.