91

"Where are we going?" I asked as Colby took a wrong turn to get home. "I'm taking my girls to dinner." He said and I laughed, "oh yeah? Do you think that's a good idea with Mia being so fussy?" I asked and he smiled, "probably not, but do I ever have good ideas?" He said and I nodded, "surprisingly yeah, but this is probably not one of them." I said and he shook his head, "she's fiiiiine, she hasn't made a noise in almost an hour." He said causing me to roll my eyes, "she's been asleep, what's gonna happen when she wakes up huh?" I asked playfully and he chuckled, "she's gonna scream, but we will take care of it, we can't not go in public because we are afraid of disrupting people. Yeah we might have sacrificed a lot but we don't need to sacrifice EVERYTHING. Let me just treat my girls." He said and grabbed my hand.

"Fine." I breathed out as he pulled into the parking lot of the small Italian restaurant we liked to go to. Before I could get out of the car Colby was already running around to open my door,

"what is with you today mr. romantic?!"  I asked and grabbed his hand so he could help me out of the car, "I don't know, I just want you to know how much I love you." He said as I opened the back seat to grab Mia. "I know how much you love me, I know more than anything in the world." I said with a laugh, "you don't have to show me something I already know." I said and put Mia in the stroller that Colby had set up.

"Just let me be sappy Cora." He said causing me to laugh, "alright Cole. Let's go then, I'm starving," I said and pushed Mia in the stroller as Colby opened the door for us.

We were sat outside next to the ivy wall that I loved so much. There weren't too many people outside so if Mia started fussing it wouldn't cause too big of a scene. "I want wine." I said and bounced up and down causing him to laugh, "what kind?" He asked and handed me the list, "hmmmm merlot, that goes great with pasta." I said and smiled up at him.

He shook his head, "you are honestly the most adorable thing I have ever seen." He said as I scrunched my nose, "I know you better be talking about the cute angel in this stroller right now and not about me." I said and raised my brows at him. He just smirked, "you're right she's the most adorable thing I have ever seen  and you're the sexiest thing I have ever seen." He said and I rolled my eyes as the waitress came over.

Colby ordered me my wine and we got some breadsticks, I didn't realize how hungry I was until they were in front of me. As soon as I was about to take a bite Mia started fussing. I sighed and put the breadstick down, wiping my hands on the napkin.

"Good morning sweet little girl." I cooed and stood up to pull her out of the stroller. She just blinked at me sleepily as I sat back down, "are you hungry?" I asked as she looked around taking in the unfamiliar surroundings. "Can you grab the blanket so I can feed her?" I asked Colby and he nodded, then stood up and pulled a big blanket out of the diaper bag so I could be covered up.

I started feeding her and heard an older woman scoff next to us, "you know that's disgusting." She said loudly to her friend as she nodded her head at me, "you're disgusting." I said back and looked at Colby as he sucked his lips in. "Excuse me?" The woman said and glared at me,

"I said you're disgusting. I'm trying to feed my kid and you're saying I'm disgusting for it." I said with a blank smile, "I just don't think you should be doing it in public. People are trying to eat." She said and I laughed, "yeah. People are trying to eat." I said and gestured down to Mia, "Mind your business." I said and turned to Colby again, then reached over and grabbed a breadstick before shoving it into my mouth.

"See? Sexiest person alive." He said and I rolled my eyes playfully. After a few minutes Mia was done and I started burping her. Colby ordered our food as I cleaned her up. I had no shame in feeding her in public, I just didn't like when people commented on it, because at the end of the day there was nothing I could do in this situation. Mia was hungry. So I fed her.

Once she was fed and burped I put her back in the stroller giving her one of her teething toys so she could chew on it while we ate. "Have you guys scheduled your appointment to get the tuxes yet?" I asked and he nodded, "it's not until December but it's scheduled." He said and took a bite of his pasta,

"Good. We have an appointment with the caterer next week. I can't believe how close the wedding is." I said happily and reached over to grab his hand. "I know, it's so close." He said and looked into my eyes lovingly.

We finished our meals and just sat there talking, when Colby's phone rang. He answered it as I turned to Mia, waving my fingers in front of her so she would laugh. Her laugh was the absolute sweetest thing I had ever heard.

"Everything okay?" I asked him after he hung up. "Yeah Sam just had an editing question." He said and pulled his wallet out to pay for dinner.

"Thanks for dinner babe." I said and laced my fingers through his as we walked to the car. "Any time love." He said and carefully put Mia into her car seat. She was already asleep again, which made my heart melt. Everything she did had my heart melting though if we are being honest.

The drive home was silent, as Colby held my hand in his.

As soon as we parked I got out and grabbed Mia so I could bring her up to bed. Colby followed closely behind me as we went inside.

When I opened the door it was awkwardly quiet, "did they go out or something?" I asked as we made our way upstairs, "no I don't think so.." Colby said cautiously as we went upstairs. I put Mia to bed as Colby went to go get changed, "goodnight sweet girl." I said and kissed her head before leaving the room.

As I was walking back to the bedroom I heard Kat scream bloody murder, "SOMEONE HELP OH MY GOD!" She cried out causing my blood to freeze.

Colby slammed our door open, "Kat?! Are you okay?!" I yelled and ran down the stairs with Colby following closely behind.

I followed where her screams were coming from, which happened to be in hers and Sam's bedroom. I hesitated to opened the door out of fear of what I would see, "let me go first." Colby said and pulled my hand away gently before stepping in front of me.

When he opened the door I let out a scream as I saw Sam on the floor, laying in a puddle of blood.