110

I woke up hearing Mia's cries through the baby monitor.

I was still tightly wrapped up in Colby's arms which made me giggle, "baby, I have to get up." I mumbled and kissed his jawline, "mmmm come right back." He mumbled back and lifted his arm so I could scoot out of the bed. The chances of me coming right back were slim to none since it was light out and I wanted to make "Thanksgiving" breakfast for everyone but I'm sure he would be asleep again in a minute and wouldn't notice.

When I got to the nursery Mia's cries had died down a little. "Good morning sweet girl, happy Thanksgiving!" I cooed at her as I pulled her up into my arms. She giggled as I bounced her and got ready to change her.

I sang to her as I put her in a little turkey day sweatsuit and then tied little bows in her hair. "You're so pretty!" I cooed and lifted her up, "come help mommy make some breakfast." I said and walked out of the room and to the kitchen. "Do you want to try some avocado today?" I asked Mia as I strapped her into her high chair.

She squeeled happily as I turned to mash some up for her. My head ached for a second causing me to wince in pain for just a second. I was fine.

It passed quickly.

It was just a side effect.

I shook my head and continued to mash up the avocado for Mia. "Good morning." Mrs. Brock said happily as I turned, "morning! Happy redo Thanksgiving!" I said and took a seat next to Mia. "Happy Thanksgiving sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asked and I smiled, "feeling fine, this little miss is trying avocado today." I said and brought the spoon to her mouth, watching her cautiously as she moved it around her mouth. She eventually swallowed it and opened her mouth for more.

"That's my girl!" I cooed and got another spoonful, "you wanna feed her?" I asked and looked up at Mrs. Brock who was looking at us with a smile on her face, "I would love to." She said and grabbed the spoon that I was holding out to her. "I'm going to make some breakfast, you let grandma feed you okay?" I asked Mia as she just looked at me with wide eyes.

I put some Christmas music on and started cracking eggs and frying bacon. "It smells so good bro." Corey said as he and Devyn came into the kitchen, "Happy Fakesgiving!" I yelled happily and threw my hands up in the air. "Happy Fakesgiving." Devyn said and came up to hug me, "you're in a great mood." She said and grabbed a slice of toast. "Well it's a holiday, aren't I supposed to be in a good mood?" I asked as Corey laughed, "yeah, it's great to see you in a good mood, Cor." He said causing me to smile. "You could say I'm thankful for today." I said and turned to the stove to stir the eggs.

I tried to ignore the pain in my head as everyone slowly filed into the kitchen. "This looks delicious thanks Cora!" Jake said as he and Tara sat at the table, "don't fill up too much, the cooking has only just begun." I said as I did the dishes.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me causing me to smile, "hey baby." I said quietly and leaned my head back onto his chest. "You go get ready to go to the store, I'll finish the dishes." He said and kissed the side of my head. I smiled and stepped away to go upstairs, but I paused to look at the room of people I loved so much.

I couldn't wrap my head around how lucky I had gotten, like yeah bad luck follows me and a lot of bad things have happened but I seriously had the best support system out there. I was eternally grateful.

When I got upstairs my head started throbbing again as my phone rang, "hello?" I answered, "hey Cora, it's Dr. Robinson. How are you feeling?" My doctor asked as I sat on the bed, "I'm doing fine. I missed Thanksgiving yesterday but we are making it up today." I said and smiled to myself as I nervously played with my hair.

"That's good to hear, I'm calling to let you know that we found something strange in-" she started but I interrupted, "I'm sorry..can this please wait until tomorrow? I just want to enjoy today with no bad news, no bumps." I breathed out, feeling my head ache again. "I know but this is important." She said and I shook my head, "I'll call you back tomorrow...I just want to enjoy today..please." I said and closed my eyes. "Cora, it can't-" she said but I hung up.

I wasn't going to the hospital today. I wasn't going to have bad news for the family today.

It was going to be a good day.

"Ready to go?" Colby asked as I came down the stairs wearing a yellow sweater and some jeans. "I'm ready if you are." I said with a smile, grabbing his hand.

"Are we bringing Mia?" I asked as he grabbed his keys. "No, I don't think I could rip her away from my mom even if I tried, she's obsessed." He said with a laugh as he opened the front door for me. "I like that she's getting to spend time with her grandparents." I said as we got in the car, "yeah, me too. It sucks that they don't get to see her that often." He said as we started our drive to the store.

"Yeah, but it's makes those visits a lot more special when they happen." I said and grabbed his hand.

When we got to the store we just walked around finding the ingredients for the pie I was going to make. "Should we get whipped cream or icecream?" I asked Colby as we walked down the dairy aisle. "Why not both, you can't go wrong with both." He said causing me to giggle. "You're right." I said and grabbed the whipped cream as he went to grab some vanilla icecream. As I grabbed the can I felt my arm tense up slightly as my head ached. "Ohhhh" I breathed out and dropped the can.

Luckily it only hurt for a second and I could pick up the can before Colby came back. I didn't like hiding this from him, but I knew he would just worry about me. I was fine though. I would tell him tomorrow, right after I called Dr. Robinson back.

"Ready to go home?" Colby asked and I smiled, "yeah..oh! Wait one more thing." I said and dragged him to the baby food aisle. "Mia deserves turkey dinner too." I said and grabbed the can of turkey dinner baby food.

"She's gonna hate that." Colby said with a laugh, "yeah, well..it's worth a shot. She ate avocado this morning." I said with pride as we walked to the checkout stand. "Oh yeah? That's the most California thing I have ever heard." He said as we paid for the groceries.

When we got back to the house it smelled delicious, "who's cooking?" I called out and saw Michelle and Mrs. Brock surrounded by different kinds of food. "It smells so good in here!" I said as Colby and I unpacked the groceries. "Thank you, you wanna help?" Michelle asked causing me to smile. "I'd love to, but Katrina has to help too." I said and looked at Kat who was eating a roll at the table, "me?" She asked and I laughed, "yes you! Come on." I said and pulled her up.

We spent the next couple hours goofing around and cooking. It was the perfect way for me to bond with the two mother figures in my life.

I just wished I could live in this moment forever.