Chapter 23 - Amanda

1.5 months in Connecticut. I felt like half of my brain and heart stayed in LA. It didn't help that the last few months my life in LA was a blast.

I looked at the windows. Aunt Jana hated us but she didn't really have any other choice. She couldn't throw us out of the bus.

I found a friend here. It was aunt Jana's neighbor, Henry. He helped when we were moving here. Since then he helped me a lot with everything to settle down here.

Tony and I video called everyday. He planned to come here today. He still busied as an influencer. My other friends also kept contacting me. Elize came last month to visit me. She promised to come again in the near future.

Sometimes I had a group video call with the vibes, and sometimes with Tony's homies friends.

I looked at my watch. Tony would arrive in half an hour. Mom was sleeping. I came down "aunt Jana..."

Aunt Jana looked at me. She wasn't a happy person. She kept frowning whenever she saw me.

"Aunt Jana, I have to go for a while"

She exhaled "teenager so selfish"

I bit my lower lip. She never wanted me to leave the house even for school. But I promised myself that I would keep going to school.

"Mom is sleeping. I will make it before she wakes up" I said and went out of the house.

"Hey, Mandy!"

I looked at the voice and smiled "hi Henry" Henry was a nice guy. He was older than me, 23 years old. He just finished his bachelor and worked for his dad's company. A small advertisement company. He wasn't too tall, 5"9. Broad shoulders, dark brown hair, hispanic face.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I'm going to pick up my boyfriend. He came to visit" I grinned.

"Oh. Good" he smiled.

I nodded. "Bye!"

I arrived at the airport and looked at the board time.. landing.

I smiled to myself and went to the waiting area. I fidgeted on my feet. I missed him so much.

After a while I could see Tony's head with his highlighted blonde hair. I ran to him through some people who were standing there. Tony looked at me and threw his duffle. He hugged me so tightly "God I missed you so much Amy!"

"I missed you too!" I laughed and cried at the same time.

He looked at me with a big grin and kissed me. We lost in a kiss until someone cleared his/her throat. We stopped and laughed. Tony and I walked together with his hand wrapped tightly around my shoulders.

"Do you want to check in first?"

He shook his head "it's almost time for your mom to wake up right? Let's go to your place"

I nodded.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to go there?"

I shrugged. I don't know, I don't care. "I think it's okay," I smiled.

I didn't tell Tony everything about aunt Jana but he knew she wasn't a friendly person.

"Just ignore her if she starts talking nasty things to you" I smiled at him. He looked at me for a while and exhaled. "Okay"

We talked about this before. Tony really wanted me to come back with him to LA. But I couldn't leave mom.

We arrived at the house. Aunt Jana was sleeping with the tv on. I gestured to Tony to go upstairs quietly. We went upstairs. Mom was still sleeping in the room. I was in the same room with mom. Tony looked at her and then looked at me "how are you Amy?" He caressed my cheek. I smiled but I knew my eyes teary. "I'm glad you came!" I said and hugged him. There is no need to tell him something just to make him worry.