Chapter 54 - Anthony

Finally! Everything is done with the latest app. The Jones project is on the way, we will be working with the glitch and error in a few weeks. But I have a good feeling this will be an easy project. Not because they asked for a simple system but because somehow what The Jones want, synchronized with what I thought. So it's easier for me to make the system for them.

These last two weeks I was so busy, and so did Amy. But we managed to have dinner together a few times. Somehow I feel Amy is still off from Connecticut. But she said it was because of her work. She had a mountain of work too. I texted Pete to see how Amy is doing at work. He said she is doing great even though they have a lot of work. So maybe she is just off really because of tiredness.

And this weekend, after I finished with everything from The Jones, I will make it special for Amy. I don't think she realized it. But Saturday is my birthday and Sunday is her.

I look at the box in my wardrobe. I opened it. It's a diamond ring. 5 carat. It's classic and elegant. Just like Amy.

When I was in the cemetery and Amy took a phone call, I asked for permission from Amy's parents. I promise them I will make Amy happy for the rest of her life. I know we just reconciled earlier this year, but I know Amy and she knows me more than anyone in this world. Even after 6 years separated, we both still love each other, and the feeling grows even stronger.

Amy, let's make life together...

***

Flowers bouquet checked.
Candles checked.
Perfect food checked.

I inhale deeply. Amanda the robot just informed me that the driver already picked Amy up. They are on the way here. I caress my chest where my heart beat wildly. I can't help the nervousness inside me. Jesus! Now I get why Christian got so nervous when he wanted to propose Meredith.

"Amanda, do you think Amy will say yes to my proposal?" I ask my robot. I need something to distract me.

"Of course, Mr. Lockwood. Since the words I love you exchanged between both of you. I looked up on the google, that one of the most important things when you want to propose someone"

I grin with the answer "you are so damn good, Amanda" I say.

"My pleasure, sir. By the way Ms. Lewis is 10 mins away"

"Okay. Could you please dim the light and turn on the music?"

"Sure sir. The music from Ms. Lewis favorite playlist?"

"Yes, please" I grin.

"Okay sir" in a second the song comes to the room. Amanda pulls the song from Amy's Spotify. Since Amanda is also inside Amy's phone, she can retrieve anything from Amy's phone. For the record, Amy knows that Amanda can retrieve any data from her phone. Actually Amy doesn't care. She said "I don't have any dark secrets that you don't know. The only secret from my phone is my topless picture that I sent to you last time"

And yes, she sent me her topless picture one day because she wanted to torture me. We were at the monthly dinner with my friends and suddenly my phone ping. I almost hauled Amy home when I saw the picture. That was her revenge because the day before I fingered her until she came a few minutes before we had dinner with Elize and Henry.

I take out Amy's favorite wine. And because I need to calm my nerves, I take my whiskey and gulp a big one.

My phone ping. I look at it and grin. It's a group chat with Madeline, Meredith and Drew. Even though we have a group with Ethan, Christian, Amy and Ocean (yes Ocean because Madeline invited her in the group, not that I disagree). We also have a group for only the four of us. This group is active when 1 of us is planning to do some surprise for their better half. Like now.