Chapter 29 - Anthony

Goddamn it!

Why do my eyes keep traveling back to Amy, and my body reacts this way to her?

Meredith shoots me a knowing look. Fuck me! I have to answer her after this. I hate this. Why does Amy have to come back to my life like this? Why do you have to force her to be your personal PR? I want to punish her! And why she gives me that vulnerable look while she already has her own happy family. I'm the one in the vulnerable position. With my heart still in her hand.

Peter and Amy say something about the publication of the product and what event we should hold. I don't even listen to them. All I can see is Amy. She looks even more beautiful. Her hair is longer, her face is enhanced perfectly with her make up, she looks womanly beautiful. Her breasts are bigger than 6 years ago, her ass moves seductively in every step. Red. Back then she always loves this color. Looks like it doesn't change. Her green eyes and red hair look perfect with a red outfit.

"Tony" Sammy calls me. I clear my throat and look at her. "Can you repeat, Sam?"

She rolls her eyes and exhales. "We are asking you, what about if we host an event for launching the product?"

"Sure" I say fast. Meredith chuckles and shakes her head. She sits on my left. I kick her shoe. Yes, her super expensive shoe. She glares at me but I play nonchalant.

"So childish" she hisses while covering her mouth.

"Okay we will arrange for the event" Peter says writing on his notes. He doesn't realize about my foot attack on Meredith.

"And Tony. I hope you can behave for the rest of these few weeks" Peter gives me a look. Tell me about women's preference in products that they are subjective enough to try a new product. And he also tells me that they arrange some media for the publication and I need to answer accordingly.

"So Ms. Lewis will brief me with the Q and A?" I raise an eyebrow at Amy. I know I'm a dick for always giving her my asshole attitude. But I can't help it. Why is she in LA? Maybe her husband got a job here. The thought of her husband sent a bile in my mouth.

"Sure" Amy says. "I will come up with some questions for you. And we will discuss the answer." God her lips are so sexy. I want to kiss her senseless again. Fuck me! Shut up you 6 years ago lust and hormones!

"And we will also set up some interviews with Meredith too" Amy says.

"Sure Amy" Meredith answers sweetly. "But I can't take too many interviews. I have prior arrangements that will take almost all my time and focus" she says. I know she refers to Christian Hall's recovery. But Meredith doesn't tell anyone. Not that she doesn't believe people in this room. After all, we are all old friends. But she just doesn't want to open up about Christian's condition because it's related to his newly found father. It's a complicated story.

"Okay Mer. We will send the email to your manager about the date and time" Peter says and Meredith nods.

After discussing some more, the meeting is over. Meredith is still talking with Amy. I don't know what they are talking about but Meredith pulled Amy to the corner earlier.

"Ms. Lewis" I call Amy. Every eye snaps on me, including Amy. "In my office in 10 mins" I say and walk away.

***

I sit on my desk and take my nameplate. Anthony Lockwood. CEO of Lockwood Technology.

I built my own empire in 4 years. After I finished with my degree in computer science, I started Lockwood Tech with my savings. I sold my Tesla and saved the money. Start it from 0. Thanks to Andrew for helping me spread the words to everyone in his circle from Roderick Group. Everyone starts to look up Lockwood Tech since then, including one of the biggest companies in the States, The Hall Industries.