Chapter 59 - Amanda

My head feels so hurt. I sit on my couch. The chinese takeaway is on the table in front of me but I don't have any appetite to eat.

Ding dong...

"Amy, it's me Elize"

I wipe my tears, somehow it amazed me I still have tears in my eyes. I walk and open the door.

Elize looks at me "you look worse than yesterday" she says and gets inside. Shaking her head, makes her brunette long hair moving behind her like shampoo ad.

I close the door and walk back to my couch "what are you doing here, mom?" I say to her.

"Checking on my lovely daughter" she says, faking British accent.

I shake my head at her silliness.

She puts down the bubble tea in front of me.

"Yaay" I say without any excitement.

She plows sitting next to me. I drink my bubble tea. Even my favorite drink couldn't lift my mood. But at least it helps me to recharge my energy.

"Thanks for this, Elize" I gesture at the bubble tea.

She shakes her head and smiles.

"So, will you tell me what the real deal is here?" She asks me (again).

I shake my head.

"Okay, let me tell you one thing. I met Tony this noon" she says. My head snaps at him "what?"

"I met him... this noon" she says slowly.

"Um.. that has nothing to do with me" I look away trying to act as if I'm fine.

"Okay. Then you don't need to know where he is going?"

"I know he is going to Connecticut. He has business there" I say. Amanda told me this earlier.

"Oh you do know he is going to Connecticut." She nods. "But you are wrong sweetheart. He's not going there for business" she shrugs.

"What do you mean? She has work there" I say.

"Uh huh, but it never occurred to you that he is going there to find out what makes you do all this... stupid things?"

"What?" I panicked.

She shrugs like she doesn't realize I'm panicked.

"Tell him to stop it" I hold Elize's hand.

"Why?" She asks, raising her eyebrow.

"No Elize. I don't want Tony to know"

"Why?" She demands.

"Because..." I look away. Because Tony will know I'll be a useless person by the time the disease attacks me. I close my eyes. Tony knows me as a strong woman. He loves my strong personality. I don't want that to change. I don't want Tony to see me in my vulnerable state.

"No please Elize. No"

"Then tell me! I can't help you Amy if you didn't tell me" she says.

"I..." my tears leak. And I don't want my friend to know too. I can't let them take care of me. I love them too much for this.

"Please Elize" I say weakly.

Elize exhales in despair. "I can't ask him to stop, Amy. But you can"

I rub my face and exhale. I just hope aunt Jana is so evil that she loves to see Tony miserable. But the thought of Tony miserable makes my heart hurt.