22

everything at the burrow was fine until they heard news about harry's incident.

within the next couple minutes, lily found herself with the weasleys and hermione at 12 grimmauld place.

the three fifth years were forced to wait in a room while the adults talked in the kitchen and waited for harry to arrive.

sirius black was also there, but trusting the weasleys, she trusted him as well.

"what even happened?" lily asked.

"harry used magic in front of a muggle."

lily looked down, knowing the consequences for both deeds.

"they cant get him expelled, right? i mean its circumstantial. it'll never hold up, i've read it."

"he can't! theres no way dumbledore would let that happen," hermione paced around the room.

suddenly, the door was opened by none other than harry.

hermione rushed to give him a huge hug. "oh harry!" she exclaimed. "are you alright?"

harry nodded.

"we overheard them talking about the dementor attack. you must tell us everything."

"let the man breathe hermione," ron said, nodding as a greeting. harry waved at lily and she did the same.

"and this hearing at the ministry... it's just outrageous! lily looked it up. they simply can't expel you. it's completely unfair."

"yeah," harry mumbled. "there's a lot thats going around at the moment."

"so what is this place?"

"it's headquarters."

"of the order of the phoenix. it's a secret society, dumbledore formed it back when they first fought you-know-who."

"you couldn't have put any of this in a letter, i suppose?" ron turned to lily, starting to get uncomfortable. "ive gone all summer without a scrap of news."

"we wanted to write mate, really, we did. only..."

"only what?"

"dumbledore made us swear not to tell you anything," hermione said impulsively, making lily roll her eyes.

are gryffindors always this impatient?

"dumbledore said that? even you?" he asked lily, and she nodded.

"they weren't allowed to owl me either, but ron clearly wasn't gonna listen. he's my neighbor after all."

"b-but why would he wanna keep me in the dark? maybe i could help. after all, i am the one who saw voldemort's return. i'm the one who fault him, i'm the one who saw him kill cedric," lily's face fell as the twins aparated into the room and teased harry.

the twins suggested listening in on the adults conversation with some type of bewitching. as the six stood around the stairs, doing their best to listen. "snapes part of the order?"

"git."

"hey ginny."

the sound started to muffle at hermione's cat started to mess with it.

"crookshanks!" she whisper-yelled, trying to stop the feline.

"get off you bloody cat!"

"stop it!"

"crookshanks! leave it alone!"

"get it up," lily told the twins. but it was too late as the cat had taken the enchanted object out of their hands.

"hermione i hate your cat."

"bad crookshanks!" she said as the cat started to bite the listening device.

the seven went down the stairs to meet mrs weasley.

"well, we'll be eating down in the kitchen," she managed to say before she was frightened by the twins, "oh! just because you're allowed to use magic now, does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything!"

ron grabbed lily's hand and dragged her in the kitchen before his mother could yell at them as well.

ron had gotten more touchy with lily, although it seemed to have no affect on him, lily would turn as red as a beet.

the adults told harry about whats been going on in the daily prophet. to lily he'd seem mad, but ron said it was normal.

soon enough, mrs. weasley ushered lily to her shared room with hermione and ginny, starting to treat her as one of her own.

she said goodnight to ron and harry and then hurried to her room.

"so she lives with you now?" harry asked in disbelief.

"yeah," ron laughed, flopping onto his bed.