32

"hey! prynne!" called ron, running towards the tall brunette.

"what is it, weasley?"

"seen lily?"

"she got asked to the library by some ravenclaw sixth year."

"a sixth year?"

"can you blame them? she's gorgeous and smart."

"how has she been?" talia looked at him confused, so he elaborated. "does she sleep at night? the nightmares?"

"oh, she cries herself to sleep every night, breaks my heart really," talia frowned. "and her nightmares are constant, she wakes up panting and leaves to the common room to sulk. she and cedric used to talk on the couch for hours so it's where she goes and falls asleep. surprised you know about those things, makes me wonder how close you really are."

"no wonder your nickname is chatter," talia giggled sheepishly. "alright, thank you."

"you should really talk to her about these things, she needs someone to talk to. that someone is gonna be you."

"how can i when others have her left and right?"

"trust me, she will drop anyone for you," talia winked before running off to hagrids.

ron sighed and when to the library. his heart sank a bit when he saw her sat with the handsome lad in their usual seats. she read her book responding with something witty at his obvious advances, never looking up from it. the ravenclaw kept staring at her body, his intentions proving rons theory, they're just attracted to her because she blossomed for the second time.

he tried looking at books, blending in and trying to eavesdrop.

"come on lilian, don't you want to get out of here?" he said into her ear.

"not at all. i need to study for my potions owl," she smirked.

"callaway mentioned you were hard to get," he turned around.

after a few minutes of what ron thought was silence, he looked over and saw the ravenclaw trying to touch her thighs.

"get your hands off of me, joseph," she said sternly.

"let's get out of here," he grabbed her wrist forcefully.

ron was about to step in when she pulled out her wand and held it against his cheek.

"you wouldn't dare. a sweet little girl like you?"

"i can do it you know," she pressed it in, and thought up the spell.

"you bitch!" he yelled, angering the librarian. "you jinxed me!" the boy joseph stormed out, knowing he was gonna get kicked out and left to the infirmary to get the counter-curse for the furnunculus curse she put on him.

"nice one, lily," ron mumbled, startling her and earning a smile.

"i reckon you saw?" ron nodded and lily laughed slightly.

"is it annoying?" he asked. she looked at him confused and tilted her head. "being hit on by jerks like him?" he elaborated.

"a bit. but now that i know how to use harmless curses without verbally saying them, it's more fun, really."

"well at least you don't hate it."

lily didn't respond.

"wanna get out of here?" he asked spontaneously.

"sure. i been meaning to leave," she smiled, following him out of the library.