58

"does anyone fancy a butterbeer?" harry asked ron and hermione as they stood at the crossings to hogsmeade. they complied and started walking to the three broomsticks.

the second he walked in, he heard the angelic noise that was lilys giggle. ron subconsciously looked for it and found lily with ernie at a booth in corner together. lily was facing ernie, her back to ron and he couldn't see ernies face either.

they were snogging.

ron felt sick.

"i really do not want to be here," he mumbled.

"why? 'cause of that?" she asked, referring to dean and ginny snogging in a booth near lily and ernie.

"that's even worse," he groaned. he thought about it and noticed ernie whisper in lilys ear followed by her sweet giggle. "never mind. nothing's worse than lily and ernie."

hermione noticed them and sighed.

"i think you should man up and confess to her."

"bloody hell, are you insane? i can't do that."

"please tell me why not, ronald?" hermione said in an annoyed tone.

"for the same reason you and talia aren't together yet?" he smirked at her angered face. "i'd like to leave."

"what? you can't be serious."

"that happens to be the one girl ive ever liked, snogging with some slick git," he scoffed.

"i know what you did ronald, don't act like you arent a skeeze yourself," hermione argued.

ron stayed quiet as professor slughorn walked up to the three and started talking to harry.

ron drowned out their voices and watched as ernie touched lily's waist but she slowly removed it as they kissed.

it made ron feel a bit better. he looked at hermione. what did she know?

"what're you on about?" he asked her as slughorn left.

"what?"

"you said i know what you did."

"because i do. i know you kissed her," rons throat went dry.

"sh- she told you that."

"yeah, and she told me you rejected her. honestly ronald, how stupid can you be?"

"sod off."

"why would you reject her?"

"honestly i thought she'd be mad i kissed her."

"why would she be mad? she liked you," hermione.

"she did? back then?"

"this whole time, ronald!" hermione said, beyond frustrated with him.

"you're mad," he scoffed. "the butter beers have gone to your head."

"how hard is it to believe that lily's liked you this whole time?"

"near to impossible, it's just not- no. even if she did, she seems damn right happy with macmillan," he grunted, getting up and hitting himself on the table. he left the pub and the other two followed, only to meet with more troubles.