35

lily woke up at her parent's house, stretching under the duvet of the large bed.

she rolled out, washed her face and tidied up her hair. running down to the kitchen, she found her mother, katherine and her father amos. he looked tired, as did her mother. she gave both a morning kiss and sat down to eat her mothers food.

"i'll be going out to explore before claire wakes," lily announced, grabbing her coat. unlike england, it never got to a freezing point to where snow falls. but, it was still cold.

after walking around, greeting mostly other wizards in this area of living, rue la bouvier, she picked up a few books about dark arts and returned home.

her sister was wide awake and waiting for her to return.

"violet!" she exclaimed, running to her and handing her a letter from ron. she opened it up on the spot and read it.

dear lily,
i figure you might still be upset with me, so this is my formal apology, i am sorry for the words i said. i didn't know you were so close to ernie and i'm sorry i acted like a total nonce. you deserve all the happiness and you know it.
sadly my apology isn't the only thing i must say. last night harry had a mad dream about my father, and dumbledore being himself let us leave home via portkey right away. he hasn't came home yet, but it was pretty bad. i'll keep you updated if possible. thought you should know.
from the nonce, ron weasley
ps i think violets a pretty name

she smiled up at the letter and immediately wrote back, running to the guest room.

my dearest ron,
sending love. hope your father returns home soon. don't worry too much. mr weasley is one of the strongest i know. if it be alright with you, i'd like to join you on christmas day via floo. please let me know everything going on. wish to see you soon.
with love, lily diggory
ps thank you

she sealed it off and gave it to celeste, seeing as rons bird had already flown off.

"what was that about?" claire asked.

"nothing lovely. you want to go down, talk to mum?"

"yeah," she pulled her down the short set of stairs and went to her mother before joining claire in the lounge.

"mum, something happened to mr. weasley last night, so i'm gonna be traveling via floo powder on christmas day. that alright?"

"oh, merlin. of course, i hope he's alright. do you know what happened?"

"not really. just that he was attacked by someone relating with you-know-you," she whispered sadly.

"i really hope he's well. you have to be careful too over there. if i get to scared for you, might just make you return before you become of age," katherine said, caressing her daughters soft brunette locks.

"i can take care of myself," she winced as her mother dug her nails in her face.

"sure. let's hope. mr. macmillan sent you letter, his owl just left it."

she grabbed the letter and laughed.

lily diggory,
i hope you had a great holiday in france. merry christmas beautiful. incase you missed me, heres me and matt.
from your dearest loverboy ernie

she rolled her eyes and put the letter in her pocket.