20

"i've never been to lily's house," ginny whispered as they stepped into her front yard. it was covered with flowers and stone sculptures.

"ever since summer started, i've come over once a week. it looks small, but you know," he chuckled as he knocked on the front door.

lily opened the door with an apron and a pot in her hand.

"you're early! come in," she smiled. "ginny make yourself at home, ron help me please," lily whined.

ginny looked around at the house, covered in old paintings and pictures of her ancestors.

"they're interesting huh?" lily suddenly appeared behind ginny, scaring her. "my father used to collect paintings most of those at hogwarts were bought from us."

"amazing."

"lily!" cried ron from the kitchen.

"coming!" she giggled.

ginny looked at cedrics pictures with lily and another little girl she didn't know. she looked just like the two, rosy cheeks and same color eyes.

"ginny! dinners ready!" she called.

ginny hurried over and they ate together, ginny praising her for the food.

"i don't cook a lot but because you were coming i thought i should."

after they ate, it was only 9.

ron was listening to a quidditch game on the floo network while lily and ginny talked about boys.

"i've always liked harry but i've been getting closer to dean thomas. he's gotten quite nice."

lily giggled. "he did get tall."

"i- i don't know. what about you? i seen you went with cameron to the ball, but only danced with ron."

lily covered her face.

"i did. i honestly don't know. ron was in a bad mood for who knows why, he still hasn't told me, and i just wanted to make him feel better," she sighed. ginny listened to each word, trying to piece together her theory that the two liked each other. lily tried to hide her blush, but being a diggory, it was useless.

"what are you guys talking about?" ron asked.

"nothing!" the two answered and giggled.

eventually ginny fell asleep on the mattress they brought down, lily and ron sat on the couch playing cards.

"do you still have them?" he asked softly.

"what, the nightmares?" he nodded. "not as often as the beginning of the summer."

"lily, we have to talk about something," he sounded serious.

"what is it?" she asked, getting nervous.

"my mum says you should stay with us. things are dangerous right now and since we still aren't 17, you can't be protecting yourself outside of school."

"ron, i can't ask that of you."

"lily, you have to. we can keep you safe. it'll just be for the summer right? you can bunk with ginny, hermione comes and goes but the room is still there."

"ron-" she shook her head.

"please lily. i won't ask for nothing more. i just want you safe."

she thought about it.

"fine, but! your mother has to accept my price of rent. if not i leave."

"she won't accept-"

"if she doesn't, i leave."

"we can talk about it in the morning. go to bed."

lily fell asleep with her head on rons shoulder, and ron rested his on her head, arm comfortably around her.