7

soon enough, the day of the first task came rolling around. anxious and worried for cedric, lily stood with talia and lydia, cameron on the other side, as she watched him avoid the dragon and try recover the egg.

"i can't watch," she almost cried.

the nerves were tearing her apart.

cameron noticed and offered to hold her hand, knowing how she found comfort in those type of things.

it moments of fear, lily would squeak and hide in camerons shoulder.

"here," he opened his arms and she gratefully ran into them.

"just tell me whats going on," she whined.

"cedric's using his wand to distract and attack. and he just hid from the dragon. now he's running across, he's going for the egg! he's so close! he's got it!" everyone screamed and cheered for him.

"ced! you're amazing!" she screamed.

he laughed at her and went to where the champions waited.

"we're gonna go congratulate him, coming with?" talia asked, as most of the hufflepuffs left the stands.

"in a bit! i want to support harry!" she said.

"suit yourself," they shrugged and left.

not keen with being lonely, she looked around to find hermione or ron.

seeing them not far and close to the bottom, she slipped through the people and popped up next to ron.

"lily!" he yelped, surprised since she was so small.

"hi," she smiled.

dumbledore announced harry as the last contestant and he appeared from where the rest did, earning a fair amount of cheers and claps.

ron barely clapped, while lily cheered. she noticed hermione looked super worried for him, which she deemed reasonable, as she was the same for cedric.

noticing the golden egg, harry tries to walk to it, to only be attacked from above by his dragon. everyone flinched and tried to hide themselves out of sheer fear.

this continued for a while, and everyone was terrified for harry.

by this time, lily had gotten a hold on rons hand, searching for comfort.

"this is more nerve racking then cedrics," she sighed. ced was known for his strength, unlike harry.

"your wand harry! use your wand!" hermione yelled.

harry mumbled a charm before hiding from the dragons fire.

he managed to escape onto his broom and everyone cheered, including ron.

harry swooped past the egg but missed and kept flying upwards. the dragon, determined to follow him, broke from its chain.

he flew through the teachers tent and the dragon followed, destroying everything in its path.

"way to go dragon!"

"yeah!" screamed the weasley twins.

"where's he off to?" she asked, trying to look over.

"not a clue."

"supporting him i see," she teased.

"he clearly needs it."

"now do you realize how unreasonable you are? you should trust in him."

"stop being right lily," ron scoffed, ruffling her hair. then he sighed. "i'm starting to hate it when you're right."

the two were startled by loud noises from afar.

"i hope he's alright."

everyone looked around in anticipation, waiting for him to come back.

he suddenly came out of the sky on his broom, swiftly picked the egg and circled around.