61

ron was exuding confidence. he played like never before, like he was invincible.

the crowed cheered loudly at each of his saves, and also whenever the rest of the chasers scored.

soon enough, the crowd was cheering "weasley" so loud, you could hear it miles away.

the praise didn't stop there, as it continued through out the party being held in gryffindors tower. they had managed to sneak lily in, being the only hufflepuff there.

"where are the others of your house?" hermione asked curiously. "talia said she couldn't tell me."

"i can't tell you either," lily answered shamefully. "house rules. and as prefect i really can't say."

"no, i get it. your house is so close, isn't it?"

"yeah, they're like family," she smiled. she looked back up, but she wished she didn't.

ron was pulled down by lavender brown, and their lips connected quickly, the people in the room cheering excitedly.

lily felt sick. like a thousand needles stabbing her skin at once. like her heart was going to fall out of her chest. like she was going to be sick.

without saying anything, she slipped out of the common room and went to somewhere she could be alone. she sat and let it all out, sobbing until she couldn't breathe.

why couldn't things just work out for her? did she deserve this? probably.

it wasn't long until she heard countless voices of some excited and other distraught hufflepuffs, most likely returning from the toad fights.

she looked away in hopes she'd go unnoticed, but that wasn't about to happen.

"lily, what is it?" talia's concerned voice came to sit next to her, followed by matt, kim and lastly ernie.

she cried harder when talia touched her shoulder, breaking down in front of them.

"i'm so stupid," she cried over and over again. "so stupid, so stupid."

"you are not stupid," they all tried to comfort her, feeling bad as they could hear the pain in her voice.

"he kissed her," she sobbed, "he kissed lavender."

"that bitch," matt snarled. "love, let me beat him up, please?"

"no, no. don't hurt him, i want him to be happy."

"even if it means you're this hurt?" kim asked realistically.

lily nodded sadly, leaning into ernie.

"you're so selfless," ernie sighed. "for him."

she gripped his shirt, watching as lavender and ron ran across from them, probably finding a more secluded place to snog some more.

"come on vi, let's go to the common room," he sighed, offering his back so she wouldn't walk.

"i love you ernie," she whispered in his ear, feeling tired and weak.

"i love you too vi."