9

after the announcement of the yule ball, love sprung throughout the school.

"the yule ball, has been a tradition of the triwizard tournament since its inception," said mcgonagall. "on christmas eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of great mannered frivolity. as representatives of the host school, i expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward, and i mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost, a dance."

everyone gasped and looked at each other due to mcgonagall's words. groans were heard from the boys side.

"the house of helga hufflepuff always does well. so i expect highly off all of you. mr. macmillian, can you come here for a moment?"

ernie was pushed up by his friends and was forced to practice dance with mcgonagall, all of them laughing at him shamelessly.

"everybody come together," ordered mcgonagall. the girls stood up immediately while most of the boys stayed sitting down.

lily immediately went to where cameron was sitting and pulled his arm.

"come on cam! dance with me!"

"fine, better it be me than anyone," she noticed he used the same phrase as lydia.

the two awkwardly faced each other and burst into giggles.

"where does my hand go?" he asked.

"here," she pulled his hand towards her waist and stepped a bit closer, putting her arm around his shoulder.

"you're good at this," he laughed nervously, blushing deeply.

"my dad taught me to dance."

he smiled at her.

lily began to teach him the steps, giving him pointers for his "future date" and they practiced until mcgonagall let them go.

"lily wait!" she heard cameron call from behind her.

"yes?" she asked, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"would you be my date to the ball?" he questioned, blushing bright red.

lily was stunned by the question.

she had thought maybe ron would ask her, but since he was still in love with hermione, it was a hopeless.

"i'd love to," she smiled. lily's friends and cameron's buddies grinned, excited for them.

"right. i'll talk to you later then."

"bye," she waved as the boys went one way and she met with the girls in the other.

"i can't believe he actually did it!" laughed kim.

"i was surprised to."

"gosh i hope someone cute asks me."

once they left the room, she felt someone grab her hand.

she flinched and turned to find ron.

"ill see you at dinner," she mumbled at the girls, walking to ron who smiled awkwardly. the three mumbled a response and left to the common room.

"i see you guys also had your practice session as well," he started.

"yeah. how'd it go for you?"

"mcgonagall made me dance with her. fred and george are never gonna let me see the light of day," he whined, causing lily to start giggling. "what are you laughing about," he frowned.

"i wish i saw that."

"not funny lilian."

"even breaking out the full name, god it must've been good."

ron tried to grab her and mess around her, but being so small, she slipped away laughing.

"lily~!" he dragged her name out dramatically.

"ron~," she did it back.

"teach me to dance. i have no idea how and i don't want to embarrass myself anymore."

"what's in it for me?"

"i'll do anything."

"just promise me a dance then."

"deal. i plan to ask a beauxbaton girl."

"which?"

"i don't know... but they're intimidating, and i don't want them to laugh at me."

"fine," she sighed.

"really? thank you lily! you're the best, honestly!"

she smiled sadly and nodded. she didn't even bother to ask about hermione, it'd only upset her even further.

"when shall we start?"

"i'm busy with hermione tomorrow and i tutor cam and ernie on fridays, so, wednesday's and thrusday's after class?"

"fine with me, thanks again," he said before running off to find harry.