21

"thank you so much for letting me stay here in the summer," lily bowed. "my father will be sending 60 galleons for each month of my stay."

"dear, you don't need to pay a single sickle," mrs. weasley insisted.

"i do. and i refuse to stay if you won't accept it."

"quite a tight nit. alright, but the money will be saved for you and food."

"that's not ne-"

"i won't accept otherwise. ron, help her with her things and take them to ginny's."

"it's not a lot, but it's home," he said softly.

"i like it. cozy, something i haven't had lately."

"you can sleep on the other bed. settle and meet me and the twins outside for some quidditch."

"are you serious?"

"deadly," he smiled before running down stairs.

she giggled and opened up her trunk. first thing she did was unpack a picture frame of her and cedric laughing.

she missed him dearly, and after hearing what happened to him from harry, she vowed to avenge his death, following harry through anything.

"lily! celeste brought you a letter!" ginny called. lily rushed down stairs and received the letter.

"who's it from?"

she frowned. "cameron."

"you don't seem to happy."

"he normally doesn't write," she opened the letter and read it.

dear lily,
it's cam. i heard what happened with your parents from lydia and i'm glad you were able to stay. my parents also got the same offer, but in the us. lydia and i leave before the start of 5th year. lydia and i will miss you. may we meet again
best regards, cameron

under the letter was a picture of the three of them in third year.

"crap," she mumbled.

"what's it say?"

"the gerbers are moving."

"i'm sorry," ginny whispered.

lily smiled sweetly, "nothing to apologize for. nothing we can do now. let's go beat the boys at quidditch."

ginny grinned widely and the two left outside to play with the boys.