16

"good morning!" lily peaked her head into hagrids, where hermione told her there gonna celebrate rons birthday.

"lilian diggory! come in, come in!" hagrid smiled. she opened the door wider and walked in with the cake she had baked.

"it looks amazing!" praised hermione.

"thank you. this is the first birthday i spend with him, so i wanted to do something for him."

"when's your birthday?"

"march 29."

"adorable," hermione smiled.

"are you ready girls, they're coming!" hagrid announced.

the girls hid while hagrid tried, but being half giant, there wasn't anything big enough to hide him.

rons laugh was heard as he knocked and entered with harry.

"happy birthday!" the three peaked out and shouted.

"for me? you shouldn't have."

"happy birthday ron!" hermione smiled and went to hug him. lily smiled as he seemed happy in her embrace, holding her shoulders.

once she let go, she made space for lily. she laughed and practically jumped into his arms, he caught her and held her by the waist tightly.

"have the bestest day ever!"

"i know i will."

hermione noticed the most genuine smile on rons face fall the slightest bit when she wiggled out of his grasp.

"lily baked you a cake this morning," hermione grinned, bringing out the cake as hagrid congratulated ron.

"you did? you shouldn't have," he turned to lily who was talking to harry about the last task.

"it was nothing," she blushed. ron frowned slightly.

"nothing, huh," he whispered to himself. "still, i'm grateful. thank you."

"you're welcome," he ruffled her hair, making her scrunch her nose.

"s'cute," he mumbled, barely a whisper.

lily didn't hear of course, but hermione did.

trying to throw out the thoughts, she suddenly lit the candles and got them together to sing happy birthday for ron.

once he blew out his candles, hermione started to cut up slices and served them to everyone.

once she finished giving hagrid his piece, she served her own and turned to look for lily. she saw the two at the door laughing as ron had frosting on his nose.

"they're quite fond of each other," hagrid pointed out.

"they are."