41

"lovely lily!" called ernie's teasing voice from the common room. "can you come down here, please?"

lily rolled her eyes and didn't even bother replying. she rolled out of bed and walked down the steps.

"you need a break from studying," he grinned as he saw her, putting his arms on her shoulder.

"i wasn't studying, i was reading."

"still, that beautiful mind of yours needs to rest. plus i feel bad since i made you study with me for nine hours for two weeks," he admitted shamelessly.

he walked her to the couch. "i didn't mind studying with you."

"you know you wouldn't study as much if ced was here. he wouldn't let you," ernie whispered, sitting her down, and taking a seat next to her.

"ced isn't here," she stated, frowning at the mention of his name. "you aren't him."

"i'm still your friend," he said sincerely. lily look at his eyes and searched through them, nodding slowly. "let's play a game, okay?"

she nodded again.

he set up wizards chess and the two began their match, lily laughing softly at his dismay when he was extremely close to losing.

"come on ern, lets go out!" called matt.

"no, i'm fine," he said, moving his piece.

"but the upperclassman have fire whiskey, it's toad fight night!" he tried to pursuade.

"i'm busy with lily," he said stubbornly.

"lily? you wanna come too?"

she turned to matt and then to ernie.

"we can go," she said, nodding.

"but-"

"the pieces won't move. we can play later," she said, standing and walking to matt. "is talia going?"

"no, talia left with hermione hours ago, hasn't come back. but kims there."

"talia and hermione?" she questioned to ernie, who shrugged.

< >

"god this is hopeless!" talia whined.

"it's not. i promise you are super close," hermione comforted her, "look, you just need one more."

"lacewing flies (stewed for 21 days), leeches, powdered bicorn horn, knotgrass, lily's favorite, fluxweed (picked at full moon), and shredded boomslang skin. i can't possibly guess the missing ingredient."

"lia, think, what is the polyjuice potion for?" hermione lingered on.

"it lets the drinker temporarily transform....." talia's mind clicked, "it's a part of whom you want to turn into!"

"you got it," hermione smiled at her happy face.

"yes, 'mione you're the best!" talia jumped forward and hugged her. hermione was stunned, and blushed, but eventually hugged back.

"i'm definitely gonna pass thanks to you. normally i'd ask lily but she's been so stressed lately with prefect duties with ernie and owls, i didn't want to bug her."

"you can always come to me," hermione put her hand over talias, making both blush deeply.

an/ hermione is lesbian. talia is bisexual. also this is a filler.