62

"she won't talk to me," ron told harry, "ernie won't let her."

"dunno," harry replied.

"look, i can't help it if she's got her knickers in a twist. what lav and i have, well, let's just say theres no stopping it," he smiled. "it's chemical. will it last? who knows? point is, i'm a free agent. she chose ernie."

"i guess you're right."

"of course i'm right," he smiled, but then looked over at lily.

she was standing with her hufflepuff friends, them talking amongst themselves and lily not saying a word, just looking down at some book with ernie's arm around her.

she bit her lip as she turned the page, earning ernie's attention and recieving a kiss on her temple. she gave him a small smile.

ron turned red. he wanted to boil with anger.

but he couldn't. he didn't have the right to be angry. and neither did they.

"she chose ernie," he reminded himself quietly.

< >

"he can kiss whoever he want's," lily whispered. "i don't own him, i'm just a friend."

"but lily i seen the way he looks at you, and the way you look at him," harry sighed.

"and i seen the way you look at ginny," she snapped, slamming her book on the desk. "i'm sorry."

"it's okay."

"you and me aren't that different," she sighed, "theres just nothing to do about it now. i feel safe with ernie, and ron is obviously liking lavender."

"then who are you taking to slughorns christmas party?"

"decided on not going," she admitted. "ernie's not gonna be here, he promised his sister he'd go early for the holidays. i don't know who else to take."

"why don't we go together? i mean it's like you said, we aren't that different."

"okay," she nodded. "we can go together."

"okay. this is cool."

"harry?"

"yeah?"

"you alright?"

"i'm fine," he shrugged it off. "i'll see you later, okay?"

"okay."

an/ short chap bc i fuckin hate this book now LOL sorry