63

after slughorn's party, everyone was ready to get on the train to go home for the holidays. ron and harry got their own cart.

"unbreakable vow, you sure thats what snape said?" ron asked.

"positive. why?"

"well, it's just you can't break an unbreakable vow."

"i worked that much out for myself, funnily enough," harry joked.

"you don't understand. oh, bloody hell," he said, looking at lavender come up to their cart.

she stood at the other side of the glass door and breathed heavily on it, making a heart with their initials with her fingers.

harry awkwardly messed with the train cart seat and ron tried his best not to cringe and hold up a smile.

"lovely," harry commented once she left.

"all she wants to do is snog me," ron complained. "my lips are getting chapped. look."

"i'll take your word for it."

once ron sat back down, he saw ernie and lily walking by, followed by kim, talia, hermione, jackson, matthew and simon. he huffed in annoyance.

"why's ernie on the train? thought he was leaving early," ron scoffed.

"think he stayed for lily."

"what bollocks, first we lose lily, and now 'mione."

"she's on her side now." ron frowned.

"so how was it, anyways? the party? you ended up going with lily right?"

"yeah, but she was bored. no music so she didn't really have fun."

"yeah, no yeah she loves to dance," ron smiled to himself, but then quickly dropped it. "why is she on the train? if she was going to france, she would have traveled by floo."

"think she mentioned going to ernie's for the holidays instead, to keep her family safe."

"sounds like her," ron sighed.

"so what happens to you? what happens if you break an unbreakable vow?" harry asked, trying to change the subject.

"you die," ron admitted.

meanwhile, the group of hufflepuffs were making plans for the holidays.

"theres a festival in my town on new years, we could all go."

"yes! horely weekend!"

"but the train ride from brighton to horely is soooooo long," kimberly complained.

"who cares? worth getting together," ernie laughed. "you wanna go?" he asked lily.

she nodded with a small smile.

"the flower has decided, we all have to go," he announced making some laugh and some groan.

"anything for you, i guess," kim sighed with a giggle.

"love you," she reminded sweetly.

"love you too," kim blew her a kiss from across the table.