6

"hey lily," smiled kimberly, walking up to the girl.

"hey kim."

"i heard that michael corner was talking about you in divination," she smirked.

"ravenclaw?"

"thats the one."

"he is cute, isn't he?"

"grody, whats with you and boys with long hair?"

"it's nice!"

"no it isnt! but anyways..." kimberly began to gossip and talk about her day, lily listened and stroked her hair.

"what's with the buttons," kim asked a boy who was walking by.

"cedric rules!" the kid screamed before running, nearly toppling harry potter. lily watched the button change to the color green and say "potter stinks!"

lily saw harry tried to get through a group of hufflepuffs, but seeing as most of her house are often too proud, he met with trouble. 

"like the badge, potter?" ernie boasted.

"leave him alone ernie."

ernie let him through and then turned to lily.

"come on diggory, where's yours?"

"i told you to stop." she ignored his teasing as she saw harry pull cedric away.

"you don't mean that, lovely," ernie smiled as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"you know i do."

ernie chuckled, smiling as cameron sent him glares.

cedric and harry talked for a moment and then harry started to leave. analyzing carefully, harry went up to ron and insulted him.

"you're a right foul git, you know?"

"you think so?"

"i know so."

"anything else?"

"yeah! stay away from me!"

"fine," ron pushed passed him and walked to lily.

"why are you being so rude?" she asked.

"he's a cheat."

"even if he did, so what?"

"this seems private, so i'll butt out," kimberly said, running off to the rest of cedrics gang.

"he didn't tell me. we tell each other everything! he kept this from me!"

"ron, do you really believe he'd be this upset about it if he really did do it?"

"come for a walk with me," he asked after a couple minutes of silence.

she nodded and told him she wanted to go to the herbology greenhouse to pick things up.

during their walk, ron vented to lily about everything. about how he felt as less to his parents, the troubles of being the youngest out of 6 brothers who had already "done everything first". how he hated being seeing as just harry potters friend or simply being unappreciated. even his confused feelings for hermione.

he ended up falling asleep on her lap on one of the benches.

"lily!" she heard her name be called in the neighboring hall.

"i'm here."

"there you are! it's dinner, we were getting worried..." talia tailed off as she noticed the sleeping ginger.

"i'll be there in a minute," lily whispered.

once talia left, she looked back at the ginger and sighed. she knew she couldn't fall for the boy who loved someone else, no matter how badly she wanted to.

she traced over his freckles as softly as she could, simply admiring the spots.

tickled, he began to stir. once he opened his eyes, he met with lily's grayish blue ones.

"did i fall asleep? i'm really sorry."

"i don't mind."

"we probably missed dinner, i feel really bad."

"it's okay, we didn't. the kitchen is on my way to the common room."

"hufflepuffs are so lucky."

"dinners still going on if you want to catch something."

"yup, i'm starved." he finally got up from her lap and stood up. he held his hand out for her.

"what?" she tilted her head.

"well let's go," he chuckled.

"you can go, i need to um-"

"stubborn for a huffle," he joked, pulling her up and dragging her through the corridor. he had definitely lightened up after having that meaningful conversation with lily.

"lilian!" called a deep voice. she turned around and saw cedric. "where have you been? everyones been looking for you."

"i was in the abandoned hall with ron," she tried not to sound intimated, but she was beyond scared of cedrics nasty temper. it rarely surfaced, but when it did it was the absolute worst.

"it's nearly time for bed. it's dangerous and you know it."

he stared at ron and turned around.

"by the time i get to the common room, you better be there."

he walked away and lily exhaled the breath she didn't even know she was holding.

"i didn't know he could be so serious," ron shivered.

"you know, everyone says that. i'm starting to think it only happens when it comes to me," she shrugged.