29

"hermione was thinking the same thing. having harry as a teacher. we're gathering a bunch of others, and try to have a meeting to convince harry and to join," ron whispered as they sat in the library.

"hermione," lily laughed softly, "always ahead of me."

"that's not true. she thought it out the same day."

"you don't have to lie," she whispered.

"i'm not lying," he frowned, turning to his book. lily tried to study to but her eyes lingered to the ginger in front of her.

so much she wanted to say to him but nothing would come out.

"ron?" she asked, trying to get his attention. he hummed in response. "never mind" she choked up.

"you sure? you can ask anything, you know."

"it-it's really none of my business," she stuttered.

"lily! there you are! i been looking everywhere for you!" said talia, out of breathe.

"what is it?"

"professor sprout is looking for you, sounded serious," she bit her lip.

"crap. i got to go," she said to ron, picking up her things and telling him she'd meet him later.

"yeah, hope everything's well," he mumbled as she ran out of the library with talia. once they made it to her office, talia stood outside as lily entered.

"you wanted to see me, madame."

"yes! lily, dear, sit."

she sat cautiously, nervously looking in her eyes.

"firstly, i know it's a bit late into the year, well, november, but i've had a hard time deciding. earlier today i awarded mr. macmillan the position of prefect of your year."

"that's wonderful."

"you dear, you've been an outstanding student since you've arrived your first year. i'm so glad i've seen you grow into such a strong and talented leader. proud to award you the position of prefect," she smiled and stood up. "shall you grow more onward and continue to treat those around you with justice and fairness."

"thank you so much, madame," she nearly cried as she pinned the golden glassy pin on the top of her robes.

"now, i also need to talk to you about your future plans. i assume you still aspire to be a healer?"

"i do, madame."

"as you may already know, to become healer, you need a minimum of 5 newts with high marks, preferably outstanding, in potions, transfiguration, herbology, charms and defense against the dark arts. up until now, you've done extremely well in all of your classes but theres been a sudden slip up in this years defense against the dark arts. now, i don't blame you for getting detention the first week of school, but as of now, theres nothing you can do about it. i hate the gargoyle just as much as you dear, but dumbledore's hands are tied."

"madame, she hasn't even given any mock trial owls or any idea on how to pass our owls, she's making it bloody impossible," lily informed.

"i'm sorry dear, but you must do as she says to continue this career path. i know you can do it."

"yes ma'am."