14

with no recollection of what had happened the night before, lily was unbelievably shocked when she woke up in the water with cedric's arms around her.

the two swam to the dock as everyone cheered for cedric, glad to see lily alright.

with the help of ernie, she got out of the water and looked around after receiving a towel.

"where's ron? and harry?"

"ced's the first one out!"

then hermione and krum came out of the water.

time was almost up when ron and a girl from beauxbatons rose up.

"ron!" she yelled, rushing to where he was at. she helped him out of the water and they shivered.

"harry, he hasn't come out yet," she informed him.

then, harry sprung out of the water when the clock reached an hour. along with the beauxbatons girls, the two rushed over to where harry had landed.

"you saved her even when she wasn't yours to save. my little sister! thank you," fleur exclaimed, giving him a kiss on both sides of his face. "and you, you helped!" she called to ron.

"well, yeah, a bit," he said stupidly. fleur giggled and also gave him kisses.

dumbfounded, ron mumbled, "merci."

lily rolled her eyes and hurried to harry.

"you must be freezing." she put her extra blanket around him.

"you need it more than me."

"really brave what you did."

"i finished last," he frowned.

"harry!" yelled hermione.

lily turned back to ron and frowned.

"you're gonna freeze," he said, taking a towel from a table and throwing it over her, rubbing it against her head and trying to dry her hair.

"ron stop," she giggled.

"no you're gonna get ill."

"stop," she pushed him away.

"did you just push me?"

"go away ron!"

"no."

"no?"

"no," he smirked, putting the towel over her head again.

when he moved it to peak, he noticed her red eyes and cheeks.

"wh-why?" he asked softly.

right when she was about to answer, dumbledore started to talk.

"attention!" he called, but was ignored. he put his want to his throat and his volume went up, screaming attention.

ron put his arm around lily and held her close, covering her ears.

"the winner is, mr. diggory!" lily pushed herself off of ron and ran to hug her beloved brother, "who showed innate command of the bubble-head charm."

she celebrated amongst the rest of the hufflepuffs, hugging and being kissed by kim and talia.

"however, seeing as mr. potter, would have finished first, due to his determination to not only rescue mr. weasley, but the others as well, we've agreed to award him second place!"

"yes!"

"second place!"

"yeah!"

"for outstanding moral fiber," dumbledores words made lily laugh.

once everyone started getting on the boats again, she noticed lydia and cameron on another, glaring at her and whispering to each other.

she sighed and turned away, looking into the water, holding the towel tightly.

once they arrived to the dock, ron stood over her and held out his hand.

"need to talk to you."

lily's stomach fell.

this is it, she thought.

he's gonna tell you to stop. and he's gonna leave you.

she held his hand and got off the boat, almost falling but being caught by him.

"let's go somewhere else," he mumbled, receiving harsh glares from other hufflepuffs.

the two left to another entrance of the castle and he suddenly turned to look at her.

"what was that?"

"what was what?"

"you started crying in front of me."

she looked down. "it's stupid, don't worry."

"to hell with that. lily, what's bugging you? you can tall to me."

"i don't want to be a bother to you."

"not to me. not if it's you." (A/N IF YOU KNOW WHERE THATS FROM I LOVE YOU THANKS)

she started to crying again. not knowing how to properly comfort her, he pulled her in his chest, even if he was still soaked and rubbed her back.

once she calmed down, she started to speak.

"lydia and cameron are really upset with me, and started spreading false rumors about us. i wanted to tell you but nothing would come out and i got frustrated and when i get frustrated i cry and i'm really sorry ron. i didn't want any of this to happen i wanted to handle it on my own but i couldn't because i'm so pathetic and-"

"hey, hey. you're not pathetic. don't listen to them, and you shouldn't worry about me, i don't even care what others say about me. i'll beat the next guy i hear say anything rude about you, weasleys honor."

"it's stupid really. i can just ignore them, i'm sorry ron."

"don't be. i don't mind. i want to- um- well- you know."

lily giggled, his awkwardness had returned.

"can we go inside? i really want to take a warm bath."

"of course," he smiled at her.