⇥ CHAPTER 8

season 3 episode 4

"So Izzie left the house this morning

"So Izzie left the house this morning." George announced as Alex and Marcela walked into the intern locker room before going to their lockers, "That's a good sign." His eyes landed on Meredith, who was currently chugging down a bottle of Pepto Bismol, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Meredith nodded, "I'm just not feeling like myself."

"O'Malley seems to have that affect on women." Alex joked, making Marcela reach over to smack his arm, "Ask Dr. Torres."

"Shut up." Marcela told him before placing her jacket in her locker.

George's eyes flickered between the two of them, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Dude..." Alex chuckled, removing his jacket, "You threw her out on her ass."

"I did not." George denied with a chuckle, "Who told you that?"

"Torres." Alex and Marcela chorused, the latter of the two giving George a glare.

Marcela continued to follow Bailey, along with the other interns, until Alex nudged her, "What?" She questioned before glancing to where he was facing to see Cristina lagging behind the rest.

"Yang," Alex shouted to grab Bailey's attention, "you're late!"

Marcela nudged him as she placed a hand over her mouth to hide the laughs that wanted desperately to escape and Cristina glared at the man, "Hey, I got here before George."

"I'm here." George defended before looking at Bailey, who continued to walk forward, "I was here."

Bailey looked at the chart in her hand before speaking, "Nice of you to join us, Yang."

"Yeah," Cristina's eyes pointed at Alex, "what are you smiling about? Aren't you supposed to be on the gynie brigade?" 

"Yeah, whatever." Alex rolled his eyes before facing forward as Cristina and Meredith began a private conversation.

"Addison's keeping you prisoner?" Marcela joked before Alex nodded, making Marcela laugh, "Poor, Alex."

Alex glared at her, "Shut up."

"So what do you think, Miranda?" A patient asked as he looked at his doctor, "Can I stop being a burden to you good people and go on home?"

Marcela, who had kept a keen ear out to listen to what her resident would say, frowned her eyebrows the second she felt Meredith's hold on her shoulder as she bent down in pain. Marcela's eyes examined Meredith, "Are you okay?"

"It's the two men." Meredith whispered with a groan, "I need to make a choice and it's starting to affect me."

Marcela nodded before the group of doctors exited the room with Bailey asking, "You all right, Dr. Grey?"